Another Expected Interrogation

The Head Doctor of the DSWD Medical Services visited yesterday, he was asking a lot of questions to the Medical Officer there, my direct Supervisor. He is the very observable type, truly meticulous and keen, he was observing the whole place as if choosing a dream home for him and his wife. 

Medical Officer: Sir HD, this is P. P, this is Dr. HD, our supervisor.

Handing my right hand to shake him.

P: Hello sir, a pleasure to have finally met you. And let me just say that the staff here are wrong, we don't look a-like, you are way, way more handsome.

Head Doctor: Nice meeting you as well and they are telling the truth.

MO: Sir, he is working here as a volunteer nurse, actually, he already renewed his contract with us because he likes the institution so much.

HD: It's nice to know that, how has it been so far?

P: I love the Institution sir, the place and the people are really great. I'm learning a lot from them. 

HD: By the way, from what school did you graduate?

P: *&%, sir.

HD: That's where I graduated as well.

P: (At the back of my head) This is going better than what I expected. Go slink your way to a regular position!

HD: Are you still familiar with the procedures? Are you updated?

P: Not much now sir, I'm focusing on Psychiatric Nursing.

HD: Don't just focus on that, you have to be a generalist, you have to be great in every concept. As for now, these procedures are of utmost importance like intravenous insertion, nasogastric tube insertion, medication administration, blah, blah, blah, yatta, yatta, yatta. In the medical field, we have to be updated every now and then because our field is changing from time to time.

P: (Oh, an early morning sermon) Thanks for the tip sir. I will keep that in mind. (Grrr!!!)

HD: Might I suggest a Blue Book which is a very, very vital informational book both for doctors and nurses. I have already told MO to purchase one.

MO: I tried searching at a bookstore sir but there is none from where I've looked.  

HD: Have you tried looking at the mall nearby?

MO: I haven't sir, I will by lunchtime.

HD: P, it's really a helpful book, you can accompany me later if you want to.

P: Sure sir, I would love to. 

HD: I'll just talk to one of the Head of the Social Services Dept. drop by in a bit and then we'll go together to the bookstore.

P: What time do you want to go there sir?

HD: Lunchtime. About 12.

P: Thanks sir, see you in a little while.

At the strike of 12nn the heat is raging, my pores started crying vehemently and sweat is now creeping from my nape towards my sacral area. Time to drop by the Administration Office.

I walked in towards the Social Services room, knocked and saw HD talking to one of the Heads. He signaled me to wait outside and I gladly obliged.

A few minutes passed and he came out the room.

Finally! I thought to myself.

We walked past the Office to the guardhouse and crossed the street, everything is going well when...

HD: You look like someone who loves fooling around.

What??? Can he smell me from afar? Do I really smell fishy in a not so wholesome way?

P: What do you mean sir?

HD: Do you have someone right now?

P: I don't sir, it's hard to commit right now.

HD: But I'm pretty sure you had a lot...of girlfriends before.

P: I never had any ( having girlfriends are off my list on what to do with my life).

HD: Still a virgin?

P: Yes (to girls, that is).

HD: (Chuckling) Really now.

P: It's true sir (still a virgin to those clams).

HD: So, you haven't fooled around?

P: None at all (when did I ever fooled around? Oh yeah, a week ago at O Bar). 

HD: Well, I hope this doesn't offend you.

P: Not at all sir (I had worse questions, yours is just a meager 0.5%).

HD: I have been hearing a lot from chat sites, a lot of people are looking for a one night stand. Do you chat? 

P:  I had been chatting back when I was still in College (are you looking for a one night stand too? I could help you).

HD: The internet seems to be the access for some online fun.

P: I couldn't agree with you more sir.

HD: But you had experience from others, right?

P: None sir, none at all (Hey, I just couldn't tell the guy, he is after all the Head of the Medical Services).

HD: Oh, I see. Well, it was nice talking to you.

P: Me too sir, hope to see you soon (and I hope none of those interesting questions again).

I was able to buy the blue book that he suggested and we parted ways, he had to go to another DSWD Institution and I have to go back to the clinic to finish the rest of the day. 

Another day of keeping who I am, will this always be the case? A hanging question that I, myself can only answer. 
 

Comments

  1. anu ba yen! sana sinabi mo yung totoo! malay mo! hahahaha! peace!Ü

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not necesarrily, nimmeru. Baka nanghuhuli. At Kung sakali, may berdeng dugo ang punong doktor. Gwapo to, P? Kamukha nino?

    ReplyDelete
  3. * Justin - I can't, even if I want to, it's just too awkward.

    * Nimrod - I don't know, maybe. Hahaha!

    * Carrie - I kinda look like him. If that's your cup o' tea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that line of questioning even ethical, given the fact that you were an interviewee for a job (and I'm refering to one which is career oriented, hehehe) notwithstanding that it is outside work premises?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha! You know heliosapollos when you make a comment, You Really Make A Comment! Just kidding. I tried my best to divert the topic or else if he goes on I would blab and confide to him... Good thing that didn't happen... yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha. Truth is in the beginning I found your blog posts a bit difficult to engage in (not because of the content though, it's more because of the text hue ... my eyes are kinda failing me). But I do have to admit the subjects are quite interesting so I just squint and strain my eyes all I could ... and a worthwhile comment is the least I could accord you with. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. * heliosapollos - thanks! That's the nicest gesture anyone could ever have done for me and well, yeah, the text hue is really a bit of the squinting side.

    You're not the one who first said that. Haha! I do apologize for that. I'm still thinking what color I would replace the texts here.

    Brainstorming session to follow soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts