Prone to be Alone?

I think we're special, I know we're special, I feel we're special. We have special needs and wants that a heterosexual doesn't. We have a culture of our own regardless if you're effeminate, straight-acting, in the closet, and any other descriptions listed under the word Homosexuality.

One thing bothers me, are we more susceptible on living the life as an individual? I know, I know, here I am again with my queries on being gay but one can't help but think. This is me, I think a lot, I rant a lot and I analyze a lot, that's why a lot of people find me queer in its simplest sense and I respect them for that.

Whoever said that no man is an island mustn't had any sexual encounter with the same sex. The dynamics between a heterosexual couple and a homosexual couple aren't really twilights apart but it is quite different. Most of the heterosexual courtships are done in public, you know what I mean. But, as for us, courtships or at least the initiation of it is done in private, so private that the bed is an integral part of it.

This is common to us. I admit it, when I was still starting out, I didn't even think that sex would even be involved but as time, person and experiences go on, I noticed that this is becoming a trend and no, I didn't ask my lesbian sister if this is the case with them. :)

I didn't mean to be so upfront with this question. It's just I'm a person afraid of what the future holds to someone like me, a man who falls so hard in love then WHAM! falls out of love faster than the fastest bullet train in Japan. And don't even get me started on temptations...

So yeah, the life of a gay guy in the modern society is tough, complicated and complex and even though a lot of my gay friends tell me it's just a state of mind, I wouldn't completely agree with them.

Comments

  1. Don't overthink things my dear, just do what makes you happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "... are we more susceptible on living the life as an individual?" Would that be your question? It all boils down to individual perception and not society's general prescription. I think that your ambivalence regarding this springs from the concept of same-sex relationships (marriages even), because there are more single gay men than those who are happily commited to a partner. It is a choice, however, which is not far removed from you being not completely in agreement with your friends' view on the complexities of gay life in the modern society as a mere state of mind.

    No man is an island. And one does not have to have a sexual encounter with the same gender in order to debunk this statement ... otherwise, we'd all find our own caves, detach ouselves from all things hedonistic or otherwise, and lock ourselves in for all eternity.

    And Tristan is right. Do not overthink things. It hinders you from living fully. Be who you are ... No one has the right to judge you against that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do not overthink things.

    Be who you are ...

    But, this is who I am Dude, this is really who I am ever since.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts