Got Big?

Tuesday, 10:30am, Shangri-La Mall.

I accompanied my Mom because she had to do something there. I don't know what it was but it was work-related. Anyway, we got into a little argument because we were looking for Healthway but she was being so stubborn and very persistent that she was convincing me that it's not located at the 5th floor.

Mom: It's not there, I know.

Me: I know it's at the 5th floor. Have you been there anyway?

Mom: Yes, I have been there once and I know that it's not there.

Me: Mom, believe me, it's there, I may have been there just once but I know and I am pretty confident that it's there.

Mom: Wanna bet?

(I wish I did! That could have been a Topman shirt I've been ogling since last month!) Damn! 

Then from our place on the 3rd floor she went down to the 2nd floor, I didn't bother following her, my instinct told me it's at the 5th floor so I trudged my way to the 5th and what do you know? It's really there! It's really there!

Time to rub it on my Mom's face. Hahaha! So I texted her...

Me: Mom, Healthway is at the 5th floor, I told you so. You just wouldn't listen.

A few minutes later I saw her going up the escalator and I gave her a sarcastic smile, I know I won this fight.

She went inside Healthway and I roamed around a bit, I was looking at the stores and I saw a Folded and Hung nearby. 

I have to admit, I am a Big, Huge, no, an Obsessive fan of Topman but since the nearest would be Robinson's Galleria, I don't have any choice.

I was a fan of Folded and Hung, back when I have no idea what Topman, Aldo or Zara were.

Folded and Hung shirts are, for me, really good and the designs are still great but their sizes are a tad too large for me. But, it's not a sin to browse even when you'll not purchase anything, right? Because if it is, then thwack me with a fork, drag me to hell and call me the greatest sinner.

Nonetheless, I went browsing through the men's line, looking at some of the shirts, checking each and every design, the construction, what material was used, how much is the price, you know, very carefully sifting through apparels like any other man does to get the most bang for the buck.

Since I have no other itinerary that day, I took my time going back and forth on three clothes: two plain white, long sleeve shirts and a blue, plaid, short sleeve polo shirt. The shirts were all in a size 1 (small) so I opted to ask from a sales person if they have it in size 0 (Extra Small). The lady smiled at me and took the shirts from my hand and looked inside their inventory room, after a few minutes she told me that the long sleeves doesn't have any size 0 in their store but she cheerfully handed me the size 0 of the blue plaid shirt.

Yipee! I am so liking this shirt, I think I'm going to buy this after I try it out.

I walked towards the dressing room, silently singing the song Bad Romance's Bridge: Walk, Walk Fashion Baby, Work it move that Bitch Crazy..

Then I locked the door, took off my dress, uh, black shirt and tried it on, I buttoned it from the top to the bottom...

Something seems peculiar, different, I'm having a hard time breathing. 


Ow Eym Dyi to the nth power!
 

Comments

  1. Guyrony,

    Grabe tawang tawa ako sa story mo. Hahahaha. So, were you able to buy anything =)

    Kane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, no, the shirt is just a tad small and my ego got the best of me. Back to the drawing board with a diet plan. South Beach, North Beach even East and West Beach here I come!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts