Hiatus

According to Wikipedia it may refer to:

a break or interruption in the continuity of a work, action, etc.

Last Sunday I went jogging again after more than eight months of keeping my running shoes in our shoe rack and letting it rot to death. I just missed the good ol' days when I feel the wind brushing against my cheek and just breathing controllably which makes me feel good. You see when my Ipod got drenched in my own sweat (yes, I know it's disgusting) last time, I never bothered jogging anymore because I have no entertainment to carry along with aside from the very seldom cute joggers I quickly glance whom I have to boldly ask their schedules but, still, with their erratic jogging days pattern, I might as well stop and do something else.

Ah, yes, I forgot to tell you that I jog in a cemetery, not really ideal to hook-up with someone nor is it ideal to jog in the evening or very early morning but the calmness and peace you encounter there is something I don't want to replace soon. And yes, I live near there it's literally a jog away. If you know where that is, come join me soon! 

I didn't do any warm-ups nor stretching, I jogged halfway from our home towards the cemetery or if that creeps you out let's just call it a park. I jogged at a very light pace because I know that if I go faster, my legs will become sore in no time and I am predisposed to Osteoarthritis by the way. So, there I was doing my own thing, minding my own business, singing I Gotta Feeling by the Black Eyed Peas when suddenly from afar, I saw this guy wearing a yellow top and jogging shorts, in fairness, he was still afar that time and I can already see that he is good-looking, lean, tall and chinito, yum! But of course I didn't mind him (much) the first time I went around, I just don't do that kind of business when I'm working-out.

Note to self: You are doing your cardio, you are doing your cardio, you are doing your cardio. 

Second time I went around, I saw him again, fate is such an understatement. Haha! I glanced longer than usual and got more attracted but still didn't bother making a slight move.

Note to self: You are doing your cardio, you are doing your cardio, you are doing your cardio.

I jogged around again for the last time because I am now feeling a bit tired and I am already huffing and I have to go somewhere by eight o' clock so I hurried and hurdled the last stretch and what do you know, it's him again! The guy who makes my weak knees get weaker and my heavy breathing become heavier. Oh! This is the moment to actually smile at him and maybe get a good response! OK, guts be with me! I prepped my mind and bolted my inner courage to make or break something... he was jogging nearer and nearer, I was constantly reminding myself that he doesn't know me so what the harm?

Note to self: He's mine, he's mine, all mine! Get away from him you pesky female and feeling female joggers! Get away! 

He swooped around the corner like a vulture to a carcass but, I wasn't able to even look at him. 

Hey, I may be flirty and I admit that but maybe, this is just not the venue for that. This isn't just the right venue. I jogged past him and as the sun finally set, I ran towards the exit of the park thinking that maybe he will be there again by next Sunday. And I hope to be ready by that time. I just smiled faintly and went home. 

By the way, my EFFING legs are killing me! My legs were aching so badly yesterday that I was feeling feverish and had body weakness that I had to drink an anti-inflammatory medication just for it to subside. 

So much for supposedly joining the Superbods Run.


Comments

  1. I know, can't wait for sunday! Bring on the Paracetamol and Mefenamic Acid!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts