The Hallucination of a Frustrated Ledge Dancer

I alighted the FX with much worry and sweat. J was already inside the bar and here I am scurrying my way.

"This is not good. I should have gone sooner. Who would have thought the driver wanted to cram as much passengers as a circus act of putting 20 clowns in a small vehicle? But then again, aren't Filipino public drivers such a nuisance and completely irritating when it comes to passenger-hogging and deviating from traffic rules and regulations?"

I imagined myself as a Century Tuna Superbods contestant in the fun run wherein I had to reach my destination in about 10 minutes sans the topless image and rippling abdominals section.

And with a long round of breath, I jogged.

I jogged past beggars from the side street, avoided backing-up cars, ignored club employees promoting their establishments and swerved now and then from street food vendors and their carts.

After 10 minutes of doing possibly the shortest cardio coupled with a huff and a puff, I entered Bed. The line inside isn't long anymore and from what I can sense, a lot of people are already present checking some prospects, um, I mean dancing to the beat. I texted J where he is specifically and he replied in a jiff with: I'm near the bar area. I slithered my way from the entrance to some dancing people and finally met J. He patted me on the back, hugged and went to dance.

What's great that time is that I was enjoying the music! Something that Bed has failed me a couple of times before, sure I admit that I love house and techno music but Bed sometimes play music that is just so flaccid. 

Anyway, J asked me if I want to dance on the ledge but I gave him a proposition that he should go up first before I would.

I looked at the people on the ledge area, the go-go boys seem to be having a lot of fun shaking their lean bodies and sweating their chiseled forms in front of the pink public. Drooling is an understatement. A lot of guys are actually obsessed in caressing their bodies. Fine, point taken.

We neared the ledge-the notorious ledge-an area of misbehavior and slight promiscuity. Famous for its reputation as an area for ogling and worshipping dancers. The Bermuda Triangle of Bed goers. We danced near, we ignored the masses and danced till our hearts content but it isn't enough, the music is euphoric the beat and groove just gives me the chills of doing something more -  something I thought I wouldn't have done in this lifetime. 

Part 1 

Comments

Popular Posts