The Date, The Ex and The Renee Salud

I had a wonderful, wonderful night at Greenbelt. I went on a date with my former crush dating way back College frosh. I call him cutie for a very obvious reason. I met up with him at Seattle's. That was the first time I saw him after more than five or six years of not seeing him. How did we re-connect? Friendster silly.

It was nothing short of fantastic. I was apprehensive at first mainly because he's 3 years older plus the fact that he's someone I looked up to because he was an exemplary student during College years.

As I entered the coffee shop there he was wearing a white shirt and pants and just browsing the net via Wi-Fi. The moment I patted his shoulder and smiled at him, I know it'll be a great date.

His knee-shaking smile was all I need to take off my plugs from my ears and start a conversation with him. We were both in an organization used to promote responsible and safe sex especially to teens and adolescents so what better way to begin with is to ask for our co-organization mates. 

"I have no connections with most of them anymore." He told me while making that adorable smile again.. 

"Oh, I see. I thought that you're still connected with some of them." I replied.

"I have connections on two or three people. One of them is your classmate Ish."

"Ish? We used to be close but I find him snoopy and not a good conversationalist."

"What do you mean?" His face turning into a big question mark.

"Ish is someone who likes to ask a lot of questions more so when he learned that I'm gay. I will tell him a lot of my experiences and thoughts about being gay but when I ask him to share his experiences, he just doesn't wanna share. Come on, a conversation is a two way process. You get what I mean." I told him while looking a bit pissed.

"I do. But anyway, do you wanna have dinner?" He asked.

"Yes." I replied. 

First option was to eat at World Chicken in Greenbelt 1 but it was already closed by the time we got there, opted to go to Glorietta 4 at the foodcourt but being the Chinese food lover that I am, I asked if he would be OK with North Park or Luk Yuen.

"Luk Yuen it is then." I gave him a huge smile. One because he really is so darn cute and second, I love Luk Yuen's Jumbo HK Siopao!

We didn't mind the walk from Greenbelt 3 to Glorietta 5, for me, I treasure every moment spent with a date, more particularly with him more so because he's too busy with work and our date was already two weeks postponed. We entered the resto, ordered my Jumbo HK Siopao and he ordered for a Bento meal.

The conversation seemed endless, the night seemed to be so energetic and playful, he seemed to enjoy my company.

"Where do you wanna go next?" He asked after finishing his meal.

At the back of my mind I was thinking of a three hour place we could go to but it's not yet time for that, not yet.

"Is it OK if we go back to Greenbelt, maybe have some coffee?" I inquired.

"Sure." He paid the bill then we walked again towards Greenbelt 3.

He talked about his exes along the way, I know this is a turn-off for some but I just don't want to ruin the night. He meant well. He's being open to me and I appreciate him for that. I wasn't surprised at all because of his narration.

What surprised me was when he talked about his last ex, who, became my ex as well. A grandiose, slightly paranoid, supposedly very secretive guy working in one of the top companies in Makati. Let's call him Rice.

Rice was the choir master of a former choir group I joined during my College life. Very strict and disciplined, someone you know is very rigid and complies to rules and regulations. Or so I thought.

Apparently, according to my date, he is very flirty, really flirty, I swear if I could just describe how he is as a flirt, maybe most of you know him. Anyway, that caught me off guard as we were gallivanting along the streets of Ayala Center. I thought I know Rice, a very quiet and all work no play corporate person. We used to date way back from 2007 till 2008 and although I tried my best to like the guy, he's just not partner material for me. Now I know that he has an alternative life. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde in the flesh. Insecure lil' ol' me? Hahaha!

The night was all about Rice, maybe, he's not over him yet, maybe he wants to get back to him or maybe he just wants to tell me things about him because aside from the fact that me and my date were both from the same University, Rice is the common denominator that really connected us. 

Or maybe I'm just thinking too much. :)

We hanged-out at Seattle's but after a couple of hours, decided to go to CBTL to have coffee. It's not because Renee Salud was there near our table or anything.

His charm was something I couldn't have looked forward to but I am so looking forward to his company again. 

The store was nearly closing and my eyes were doing just the same, we have to go home, he has to go to Bulacan and I have to go to Antipolo or San Juan, you know, still the same dilemma.

He accompanied me at the bus stop and waited till I could ride a bus towards Parañaque. 

The night turned into dawn, I got home nearly four o' clock in the morning but I wished it was longer.

He got home earlier than me and went to sleep earlier as well. I hope he dreamt of me. Weh! Mushy! 

And, Mother Renee, you look smashing last night. Just fabulous dah-ling! 

Comments

  1. ang bilis mo talaga kiligin :) LOLOLOL
    maybe you do enjoy these first dates
    right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do! I appreciate first dates. Maybe that's one of the reasons why I get attached so hastily. Hmmm...What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOLOL well how about the other dates after that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait!!! I thought we're going to chill on this topic?! You're confusing me. :)

    And besides, dates differ from time to time, sparks may or may not ignite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so what comes next after that? hmmm. not another chance of a doing a "Flick", i guess? well then, best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two words - no rush. I still can't figure out who you are! Grrr! You're making me nuts moony, I swear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. going nuts already? well and good. you're on the right track. haha. no rush? alright. that's logical enough. given a hypothetical scenario, what if being in the no-rush phase will put you in the i-guess-it's-too-late phase in the end and you're just starting the engine? anyhoo, just crossed my mind. stay safe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm... Good point but I'm just not into so deep and intimate relationships right now. Honestly, I barely know the guy and vice-versa. I had been cut deep right through my flesh and it's still healing..still healing after all these freaking months.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmm. you give the exact meaning to the word "date". as long as you're not hurting anyone, just go for it. as for the wound healing for months now.. so tell me, what type of wound healing? primary intention or secondary intention? or none of the above? go figure. take care dude.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! I think it's secondary intention, I'm not sure...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts