An Expected Interrogation

One fine, sunny and quiet day at the clinic where I'm assigned...

Nurse1: Have you had any girlfriends before?

Me: None yet.

Back of my Mind: Oh, dear.

Nurse1: Why?

Me: (In a satirical and theatrical tone) Because as a volunteer nurse, the world is so difficult to live in, poverty, especially here in the Philippines where the poor gets poorer and the line between the financially disadvantaged and the rich are getting more pronounced and prominent. Fine dining restaurants are getting overrated by the second, the prices are soaring insanely high, while the services are becoming mediocre. That would possibly inflate as we already are experiencing a multitude of problems but not limited to: electricity and water, sugar, corn, meat and meat products. Not to mention the emotional turmoils a woman has to endure and cope not just every month but all of her lifetime. The imbalanced hormones coupled with a personality disorder and a crippling body dysmorphic disorder where calories play a vital role in her everyday scheme of life. Her hormones which will diminish in due time is a scary thought which I have to understand if ever I will be committed. Her angst and mood swings, her thunderclouds above her shoulders are but a few that I would need to understand and make compromise. Her nagging nature, jealousy and fiery attitude can make me sulk and make me feel bad all day. Her girl friends who might judge me as a gigolo and will make my image look half-baked and ridiculous to their eyes. The last thing I need right now is a demanding girlfriend whom she thinks that my life will revolve and evolve around her, I am a free soul, an independent entity, a gypsy, a nomad in the society where I live and breathe for myself, my lonesome self. I am of no dependence to others, I can not be restricted to the commitments of life and its strings and chains.

Nurse1: OK. Are you straight?

Me: Of course. Heller?

End of discussion.

I am so tired of these questions... 

Comments

Popular Posts