The Hallucination of a Frustrated Ledge Dancer

I inched closer and closer to the ledge thinking of nothing but to step on that infamous platform known to Bed goers and club goers from all walks of the pink life. Man, I was getting the hang of it! Not yet on the platform but still very near, as in I can ogle at the people dancing on the ledge and their sweat could literally drop from their bodies to my forehead.

Being a small guy has its disadvantages of being shoved from side to side when waiters are getting stubs from people and handing them their drinks, also, the general crowd is just so in the mood that bumping and pushing each other is normal in the scene. Think MRT during rush hour with disregard to gender and age. What a piss off! I nearly went berserk and gone all gay rage if it weren't for J who tried his best to calm me down. I have to thank him for that next time we meet up.

Back to the body grinds. So there we were just a few more distance and I could feel the music filling me up from head to toe, forcefully gripping my every muscle and bone to move in any direction, it doesn't care, just move darn you, move!

The go-go boys went down and it was time for others to take the limelight, the arena, the stage, the 15 minutes of fame. J grabbed my hand, went ahead and tugged me to the ledge. I grabbed on tight and let my state of mind go wild.

It was awkward yet ecstatic.

Shameful and careless.

Confident and boastful.

Timid yet power hungry.

The experience is just so phenomenal and I can clearly see why a lot would go to that area. Once you step into the ledge, it's as if someone possesses you from within, it gives you confidence and dance the night away...flashing lights and house music really make up the perfect pair of making you feel good. The ledge makes you think that you're a person with a different and very appealing persona, every move, every move makes you go further. Every thump makes your body go bop. I can't help but close my eyes and just think that everyday would be just like this.

Just like this... until someone from below tugged my hand and I started to bend down to the person. 

Bed goer: What's your name?

Me: I'm P.

Bed goer: You go here often?

Me: Not much, what's your name?

Bed goer: Art.

Me: Hey Art nice meeting you, do you go here often?

Bed goer: not much as well. Are you with someone?

Me: Yeah, he just went somewhere.

Bed goer: You dance well.

Me: Oh no, that's just freestyle, epileptic, autistic dancing.

Bed goer: Haha! I see, works for me though.

Me: LOL!

As his grasp loosened, I found myself starting to go back to my previous place. It's not that he's not cute or anything, but I wasn't looking for any hook-ups that time.

Part 2 

Comments

Popular Posts