My First FB Encounter

Early 2009. A newly introduced acquaintance was being so persistent that he got me pissed off.

Duy: Come on, it's just for one night, come with me.

Me: Where will we go?

Duy: It's a place near our home, we'll stay there and talk.

Me: Duy, I have been in this market for quite some time, I know the in and out of this plus the loopholes and ribbon knots. Don't pull my leg.

Duy: I'm not, I swear we'll just have decent talk, you can sleep there and then go to work after.

Me: Hahaha! Dude, my home is just two rides away from the office, why the hell will I bother to go somewhere with you?

Duy: Come on, it's just a simple favor. I miss you.

Me: Hmmm...I'll think about it.

Duy: When will I know your answer?

Me: Soon.

After a few days he texted me again.

Duy: Hey, I haven't heard from you. I still don't know your answer.

Me: Sorry, just got quite busy with work and all. How are you doing?

Duy: I'm good, still looking for work.

Me: Good to know that. How is V doing??

Duy: He's busy with work also. So, what will be your answer?

Me: I don't think I could, I don't have time to sleep over. Why not we just go to your house?

Duy: There is always someone at our home. And I mean always.

Me: Come on, you said we'll just be talking, then why can't we talk at your place?

Duy: It would be more private at this place I'm telling you about.

Me: Does it have an air-con?

Duy: Yes.

Me: How about a TV with cable channels?

Duy: Yes.

Me: Does it have a fan?

Duy: Yes.

Me: Do you pay it per hour accumulated?

Duy: Uh, kinda, yeah.

Me: Not interested.

Duy: Oh come on! What have you got to lose anyway?

Me: A lot. And besides, you have a girlfriend. Shouldn't she be the one hanging-out with you?

Duy: She's busy looking for work also. Please, just this one time, let's talk at this place.

Me: Haha! Duy, you're making me laugh. Really now.

Duy: I promise we won't do anything.

Me: Said it like a pro. :)

Duy: What do you mean? I'm not like them.

Me: Yeah, right. I'll say it when I believe it.

Duy: Don't you trust me?

Me: I barely know you, we just connected through V because V and I have been friends since way back '07.

Duy: Ask V anything, he knows me, he knows a lot about me.

Me: I don't need to. I can try to know you...

Duy: I'm glad on that answer.

Me: Yeah. Hehe.

Another conversation ended. This guy is more persistent than fungi growing sporadically in my armpits. Week three came...

Duy: Hey, I just want to ask something, I hope you don't mind.

Me: Oh, sure, go ahead, I don't mind.

Duy: Are you sure?

Me: NO, I REALLY DON'T MIND, GO AHEAD.  
(WTF! This guy is getting on my nerves.)

Duy: Do you have an FB?

My eyes widened, my heart rate shot up and my usual perky mood turned dangerously bad.

Me: What?! How can you say such a thing? I never did and will never have a Fuck Buddy! Do you think I look like someone who goes out with people and mates with them? I am neither a rabbit, hamster, dog nor cat. Duy, that is totally offensive and you should have known better!

Duy: I meant Facebook. Do you have a Facebook?

Me: (Chuckles and goes red with shame) Oh, I don't. 

Good thing we were only texting that time. 

Comments

  1. hahaha. defensive masyado ah... hahaha. :-) i love your post! nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post made me laugh. good thing through text lang hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. * Looking for Vince - Hehe,call me mr. jump into conclusions.

    * lee - thanks, that was one of my most hilarious encounters actually. I can still remember my face when he told me FaceBook and not FuBu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do Pinoys love to do that? Friendster became FS, Facebook became FB, Dairy Queen became DQ? We like to shorten names, is it for convenience or it's just the trend nowadays? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts