Period?

Period (.)- a point or character used to mark the declarative sentence

Flick is discreet, he is decent, he is out to some significant people in his life but not to his officemates and not yet, to his family.

I understand that. Really, I do. Because I know how it feels to be someone wanting to come out from a pressurized bottle of complexities, ironies, compromises and complications.

The harshness of the society, the toughness of machismo, the conservativeness of a predominantly Catholic country, the bias of the people, the deception of the modern citizens.

We were conversing the other night through texts, just an hour before I go to sleep, venture to La-la land and dream of the impossibilities of living. 

P: Hey, about to sleep in a bit, just had my shower.

Flick: Why didn't you invite me? :)

P: There is a next time Flick, don't worry.

Flick: Hahaha! You're hilarious.

P: Yeah. Hehe. Anyway, I just want to ask does your relatives you're living with know what your sexual preference is?

Flick: No, they don't have an idea.

P:  Ah, OK. What's my name in your phonebook?

Flick: (.)

P: A period? What? Why a period? 

Flick: Why? Uh, I just don't want them to know.

P: Are your relatives snooping in on your mobile phone?

Flick: No, but even if they do, I don't care.

P: You don't care but you named me as a character?

Flick: Don't get mad! Fine, I'll change it to your name.

P: No, that's OK, no problem with me. I'm just saying.

Flick: Promise, I will change it.

P: If you say so.

Flick: There! I changed it already!

P: Thanks, although you really don't have to. :)

Flick: I had to. 

We met at a mall in Manila last Saturday after my Red Cross training in Intramuros.

I checked his phone for his music, pictures, videos and lastly, his contacts and more particularly, my contact name.

He changed it alright, think John Reyes to Joan Reyes. That was my name in his phonebook.

Ironic but hilarious. It amused me the rest of the day.

Comments

  1. i know how it feels! :) in my partners Phonebook.. i am named ART.. ang Layo.. Dhon kaya ang name ko. hehehehe

    But hey.. we all have our reasons..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Dhon,we have different reasons but same implication,it's for privacy purposes.

    Hey,at least you have a name in your partner's phonebook! Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe.. alam ko naman it will change soon.. its a SLOW process but at least for you.. you evolved from a character to a name..

    Big Leap na yan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! Amen Dhon! :)

    BTW, your blog is nice, real nice, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts