Of Crushes, Coffee Beans and Passers-by

Last night I had a blast with some of the best acquaintances a guy could have. We were having coffee and conversations at CBTL in Greenbelt 3. Ah, yes, caffeine, nicotine, juicy bits and men passing-by it was nearly nirvana on earth. How I wish times like these get more frequent!

So, we were like Sex and the City girls albeit in a group of 6 (although one of us had to go early because of an undisclosed reason), just chilling in an area swarming with oodles of guys (hot or not) just passing by from work or for leisure walk. Some were a sight to behold (one guy was walking back and forth for whatever reason but he sure is cute! Ahem, a blogger actually tried to get his number but. ALAS! No luck), some were OK from a distance and some just needs a quick glance and you get the idea.

There we were mingling with each other, trying to talk of things from life to love to lust. Six guys having a great time with each others company, trying to make the most out of the night.

At one point during the conversation, a blogger by the name of Migs opened up an idea:

"So guys I have this idea that I had since my early days searching for love, that the person I'll be spending my life with should know me quite well, from my childhood experiences to my puberty days, my first time dating, past skeletons in my closet, pet peeves and anything he has to know about me and in turn, I too, must know that person to the best that I can. It's so much better than after a couple of years you would know something about him that might peril the existing relationship"

Then blogger by the name of J butted in.

"Well most likely, this something that you recently learned is a negative one." 

"There's this book that I have read that states: isn't it exciting to have someone you barely know love you and treasure you and every day you're like unfolding him or like reading him day to day, turning him from page to page and from chapter to chapter...

Migs suddenly stopped for a thought and said in a well-mannered tone: that could be something interesting as well.

I was listening to their conversation, I thought about their points but one thing came into my mind and asked them: it all boils down to with are you a person who wants the concept of surprise?

Come to think of it falling in love with a person is a surprise more so when you connect to each other, some people grasp the idea of something exciting everytime with their partner but some just digress to the idea.

Obviously, what J said is factual that something that can place your relationship in danger is something negative.

I personally have no problems with surprises. It's just that I'm not fond of surprises turned on to another whole new level, take this for an example:

My ex gave me a bouquet of roses for my birthday IN MY OFFICE! What the eff! I know I'm gay and I wanna feel flattered but when the Security Personnel handed me the roses, I really had mixed feelings, to walking from the office in Ortigas to Shaw Blvd. station to alighting in Ayala station to riding a bus home and displaying the gift in our living room, I was really feeling ambivalent. It just didn't feel quite right yet I don't have the right to complain since I think he knows it would be a nice gesture and I thank him for that. :)

Going back, surprises can offset me but only if it's done in a drastic or extreme way.

Migs opened up another topic: guys, keep quiet, I have a crush on someone. I met him once and I just think he's cute in a good way. His name is I*** and he also owns a blog.

We all chuckled.

Migs added: I'm just afraid that I'm gonna get rejected. I don't know if it's the blogger factor that I have or the real Migs. He turned serious for a moment.

"What have you got to lose anyway? You'll be leaving in a while so better tell him now." The four of us agreed. 

"I know but maybe I'm just speculating too much or I don't know" Migs now talking in a friendlier tone.  

"Anyways, I'm gonna think about it." He said.

"And on that note, shall we call it a night?" J asked us for a consensus.

"We should!" Agreed the bunch.

We all left with something in our minds and hearts to think about, it was a night of friendship and camaraderie. Something I would like to treasure as I grow old(er).

Foreign guys in that part of Greenbelt are sizzling hot. Hehehe...just had to add that. 
 

Comments

Popular Posts