The Alchemist

This book just blows me away from how anyone can relate to how Santiago wants to see the world and how he wants to see it. He wants to form his Personal Legend, one that would make him memorable in his own way. He is not even claiming of his brilliance on how he see things or how he adjusts to certain situations but all I can say is that he is an astounding character.

This book by Paulo Coelho was given to me by an anonymous officemate during our Christmas party, true, I haven't finished the book yet because of irrational reasons but simultaneously, I don't think I want to finish the book for I want the excitement and thrill to be present.

A lot of us are already on the way in attaining His Personal Legend, something that makes our life worthwhile and something that we can be proud of. Reaping the fruits of labor and effort, extracting all the sweat and blood, coping with lives' angels and devils is truly, truly marvelous. 

My mind is left with a feeling of guilt for not having finished a thin paper-back book in a day's time but my heart is palpitating and racing for the ending that is still hanging.

Maybe I might finish it later or tomorrow morning or the day after tomorrow or maybe I'd leave the ending to my imagination. 

Who knows?

I'm searching for my Personal Legend in the book as well. 

Comments

Popular Posts