A Traveler's Pursue

Three pieces of pan de sal.


I was munching on them while journeying to the end of the notorious Recto Avenue. 


I was enjoying every bite from the soft morsel of the bread. 


I was gnawing bit by bit of this craving for calories without giving a damn to thieves and robbers alike. 


That was enough for me to walk towards San Beda with a smile in my heart and my stomach.


I stopped near Mini Stop. I was near Beda, just a cross away. I gulped down the last piece and drank the sports drink. I was enjoying too much of my breakfast/lunch/snack that I didn't notice that my back was dripping with sweat. I have to wait for his text before marching in front of Beda's enormous gate.


A few minutes passed and my phone vibrated. I read the message.


Texter: Can we just meet in front of Uste?


Me: I'm already here near Beda. What's wrong?


Texter: Uh-oh.


Me: What's wrong?


Texter: A friend told me that Beda is closed for enrollees.


Me: Oh I see. Ok then I'm gonna go to Uste. See you there. And I hope you're Ok.


Texter: Thanks. I am.


Me: Welcome. I'll see you in a bit.


Oh Man! I'm so far from Uste! And the weather is not getting any colder. But what can I do? He wants me to go to Uste from Legarda. Define Effort - Guyrony.


Off I marched from the street of Legarda towards Morayta and back to España. If I hadn't known any better I say this guy is giving me a cardio. An inappropriate one. Well, no complaints. I'm gonna see him anyway, that's the icing on the cake. 


I was already gasping for air when I arrived near the footbridge towards the gate where we'll meet. I was dehydrated for the second time since arriving in Manila. If this keeps up I might end in UST Hospital and not in the building for Graduate Studies.


Baby steps, baby steps, baby steps going up the footbridge. Good thing there was shade. Going down was better and stepping on the last plight of the stairs, it was an accomplishment itself. Seriously.


He was waiting for me, with his button down polo shirt and plaid shorts coupled with his great posture, alluring eyes and chupable, uh, kissable lips. My world seemed to get better instantly.


Hey you. A greeting I have inherited from Carrie Bradshaw. Hahaha!


Hey. Was his reply.


Were you waiting long?


No.


Can we go inside now?


Sure. 


He led me inside and I followed. His nape is sweaty. That's what I noticed immediately. I wanted to wipe it off with my bare hands. We walked towards the Administration building talking about some random stuff. He said he needs to get his Transcript and Diploma before we head to the building for Graduate Studies. I said that's fine. Upon arriving at the building the guard told us to come back by 1pm because it is the employees' lunch break. We have no choice but to go to USTGS to inquire about the Masters Program. We'll deal with his records later.


Sir? I asked a slightly chubby guy in the information room.


What is it? Was the slightly chubby guy's reply.


Where do we go to inquire about the Masters Program?


Go into Room Four. Unfortunately it is lunch break, you might wanna check them back after 1pm.


Oh, is that so? Thanks then, sir and good afternoon to you.


We left the room and I was searching where Room Four is so that by the time I get back, I know where it is.


You know what? The texter suddenly interrupted my room-searching.


What? I answered with a hint of astonishment.


There is a downloadable form in the internet. He continued.


I know but it's in PDF format.I haven't downloaded the latest Adobe Reader yet. I said.


Well, just informing you. He laughed for a moment.


Thanks. I laughed as well not because he was funny but because I am enjoying his company.


We went outside the Dapitan Gate, not knowing where to go or how to pass the time without being under the raging heat of the sun.


Let's eat! He suddenly tugged me with excitement.


Well, technically I'm not yet that hungry because I ate before going here. I could accompany you though.


Ok, thanks. Where do you wanna go?


Your choice man, you're the one who's hungry.


How about Jollibee? 


Fastfood is fine but why Jollibee?


Because it's colder there.


And the Seven Eleven near to the Dapitan Gate isn't?


Well let's just say that we'd be more comfy sitting down as opposed to standing.


Good point. I stood by his notion.  


He ordered while I picked two seats for us. It was lunch time hence the place is just packing with meat of different sizes and proportion. I was drooling, salivating even.


He seated in front of me. Perfect. We talked again about random stuff. Mostly his excitement on enrolling among others. I have nothing much to tell. As far as I am concerned my social life is deprecating at an alarming rate. That's it.


Finished the last bite. We were ready to go back and do the necessary tasks.


First off back to the Administration Building to get his records. He already knows where to go but he goes back and forth to rooms. He led me to a seat in an air-conditioned room.I sat down for a few minutes, lo and behold, I was snoozing, uh, I mean, resting my eyes already. But to be quite fair, it did take him a bit to get his records. :)


After his business, I have to do mine. I know, I know it's in the internet and I am logged in most of the time but I'm already there, might as well finish it off. We returned to USTGS and inquired to a lady sitting by the open window of Room Four.


Yes Sir? Was the girl's question.


Ma'am, can I please get a copy of the requirements for the Master's Program for Nursing? I excitingly asked.


Here you go sir. And she handed me about 3 pieces of paper with all the requirements, personal information needed and the tuition fee chart. Gulp.


But sir I would just like to add that today is the last filing of these forms. She added.


Oh, thank you for the info Miss. I'm just here to check the damage. And I giggled.


She laughed also,maybe she knows how much damage it will cost.


We left the USTGS Building by 3pm. Mission Accomplished.


While walking towards the exit, his Mom called. They were in a bit of a conversation. I was tired. I let my mind wander while we sat on a shaded bench.


Hey, can you still go with me? He asked with puppy dog eyes.


How could I say no? I thought in my mind.


Sure, going back to Beda? I inquired.


Yes, Mom says maybe I can ask someone to at least extend the enrollment.


You mean plead?


Plead, beg, ask, request. Whatever it takes she says.


Not a problem, I can still go with you.


We rode a pedicab from España towards Legarda, went inside Beda, he went to the Accounting Office while I waited. Thank goodness I wasn't able to sleep, uh, rest my eyes inside even though it was cold and cozy.


He came back to me,looked me straight into my eyes and it pierced right through my heart.


There's nothing they can do? I asked him shyly.


None. He firmly said.


I was a bit crushed. Enough to turn the mood into a sad one.


Are you Ok? I asked him while we were walking outside campus.


Yes, I'm fine. This is not my dream school anyway. He told me with a little defensiveness in tone.


Alright. Where do you wanna go next? 


I thought you need to go to UP Manila and ask?


Well it's already late. I can check the web anyway. And with that I gave him my sweetest smile, one that would uplift his mood somehow.


Ok, you wanna go home now? He said, slightly giving off a smirk.


All through the whole ride we were both quiet. Maybe because it's the most apt time. 


We arrived in Lawton in no time. It was already getting dark, the golden sun turning gloomy and the people nearly doubling in number to go home into their respective comfort zones to rest for the day.


I was gonna do the same. He will do the same.


Please do text me when you get home. I will miss you, again. While looking at me in the eye with sincerity filling in my innermost thoughts.


I will, I definitely will Kalv. With much hope and reconciliation in my voice.


And with that him and I parted ways.




Part 2

Comments

  1. Pursue talaga kung pursue! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Epic pursue itu, iurico. At mala-Iliad ang effort. Admire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *iurico - next level effort!!!

    *carrie - of course! I have to! Him and I are going well now. Better even. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts