Of Fashionistas, Flirts, and Epic Fails

Guilt was my initial reaction after sitting next to him. I turned him down once, what makes me think he'll be there twice? In this game called Love or the Seeking for Love, one must be witty, cunning, and wise. All three must be inculcated in order to find the partner of one's dream. But of course, when the heart beats so hard, so fast, and so strong for that person even if you possess the characteristics from above, most will be in vain. 


Stupid Love. 


(Ugly flashbacks of Salbakuta's song. The horror, the complete horror.)


I was smiling at him every time he looks at me and he smiles back, a sign of forgiveness, or so I think. It could be hypocrisy but I don't mind, he still has the charms I once longed for.


How could I have broken his heart in the first place? I reflected on this question while still smiling my best at him.


Personal problems. Personal struggles. Personal strifes that I know I can't let him enter my life because of the complications it will result to.


And yet the moment I laid eyes on him, seated next to him, feeling his every breath. I was thinking maybe we could start anew, one that won't interfere my affection for him and my personal conflicts. Without a hint he turned to me and I got surprised, well, not really. I was expecting that he'll be charmed by my advances anyway. Hahaha!


Kalv: Hey, how are you doing?


Guyrony: I'm fine, doing just fine.


K: And how's work?


G: Same same, sometimes benign, sometimes toxic but overall it's all good. How's summer class?


K: Great! Hehe!


(I could just die with his hearty laugh)


G: Graduate already?


K: Yeah, finally! Right now I'm still a bit bothered though.


G: What's bothering you?


K: You and me.


JUST KIDDING! Again.


G: What's bothering you?


K: Med school.


G: What's with med school?


K: Still finding hard where to enroll. I'm still weighing my options. I don't want an overpriced school. Sure the benefits may be of importance by the time I get my license but I don't want to see my family starving when I go home from school just because they provided me with top of the line education.


G: But with your intellect, I'm pretty sure there are a lot of options to choose from.


K: I know, I'll find a way.


G: That's the optimism Tiger. :)


K: Thanks. You're still at the same work?


G: Yes, still at it. Volunteering still.


K: I'm sure you'll have your chance on the limelight.


G: I hope so, Thanks a lot.


And with that appreciative statement of his I grabbed his hand and squeezed it tight. He reciprocated by squeezing it too, enough for me to look at him, finally straight to his darting eyes. At that brief, very, very brief moment, my eyes glued to his eyes and his to my eyes - we knew there was mutuality. Mutuality in a jiffy.


He started talking to his other friends again and turned his back away from mine but I stayed on the same position, the same place. I won't go anywhere. I'm with him for that night. I don't care what people say, I miss the person more so the emotion of being with him.


I started talking too to my closest friend, Mr. Gray. I was catching up with him since he just graduated and will be teaching kids soon. Afterwards, our tete-a-tete was inclining toward relentless topics on monogamy, exclusivity, rekindling, and reconciling. Suffice to say and unconsciously I might add that the topics were for me and Mr.Gray. 


Oh and just to make this story juicier, Kalv courted Mr.Gray before he courted me. Come to think of it, I was primarily scared because I thought I'll be the rebound guy. Hello? That's a possibility.


Going back. My conversation with Mr.Gray is turning serious so I have to lighten it up so I tugged Kalv to lift the dark cloud from Mr.Gray's mind. Hahaha! The three of us talking without the knowledge from our friends of our history is so funny.


I was constantly holding on to Kalv's arm, sometimes fisting, um, punching him on his right shoulder when he teases me about us. The night is starting to warm up. Luckily.


Part 3

Comments

  1. oh THIS IS THE LANDIAN PORTION!~ I like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where would this blog be if I don't flirt around?

    Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was going well naman pala. :) I hope it went on even further.

    Kinilig ako sa tete-a-tete. Ewan. Chos! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha! That's tete-a-tete. Letter E. Not letter I.

    You always make me laugh Carrie, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so is part 3 gna be a threespme betwn u, kalv and mr gray? and does that include FISTING (there was a clue on the last paragraph LOL)? ahaha :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. uuuuyyy lumalandi si fafa..i smell romance - hahaha -

    @Soltero - hahaha, ibang klase ang imagination mo! manyak na manyak lang lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. *soltero - honestly, I don't think I wanna do that. I don't think I can take that!

    *JR - like what I said before, I learn from the best. I give partial credit to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. kakakilig! can't stop myself from giggling.

    this "witty, cunning, and wise" thingy is so true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. No matter how witty, cunning, and wise you are most of the time you don't get to be the person that you really are.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. how cute is that? you holding his arm, punching his shoulder. whew. sweet.

    -eon
    http://daredevilry.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts