The Flattery Game

According to Webster's College Dictionary:


Flattery is an act of excessive or insincere praise.


I have been and I'm pretty sure most of you have been flattered, up to the rim. And it is an ego boost, you could even claim it to be THE much needed ego boost.


You look great!


Dude, you're cute.


You're getting buff.


These are just some of the words uttered in order for someone to feel great about themselves. May it be at the office, in the gym, at the dance floor or any other random venues you could think of.


It is also a human trap. It makes your mind think that the person who told you that likes you. The mind assumes while the body presumes. There is mutuality between the two unique entities. And so, the more you get flattered, the more you get distracted, euphoric even, not because of chemical substance but because of verbal substance.


A guy looking for a potential prospect will in any way he can do everything in order to sleep with you. Agree? You should because that is the reality of life. Amateurs, newbies, neophytes, intermediate, advanced and professionals know this.


How many times have you fallen for this? Wherein you're not even looking for something intimate, not even smacks and hugs but at the end of the whole schema, you'd end up in bed - with a guy you barely even know.


I have lost count. Maybe it's the face, the way he slithers his body unto mine, the harassing stares, or the flowery words he use. Or maybe it's the sum of all. Whatever it is, they got me, and oh, they got me good.


My point? I'm not even looking for a hook-up, consciously. I wasn't giving a damn to the world. I was great on my own, sex or no sex. But it happened. And it is frustrating for my part.


But I was looking for someone, consciously. I was giving a damn to the whole relationship scene. I was awesome with someone, sex or no sex. But it didn't happen. Sigh.


The idealism of looking for that one person whom you can share your life with. Isn't there. I did share it with someone but for just one night, one freaking night.


How satirical it is that fate presses you an offering you don't even need at that moment and yet, you took the bait.


I'm exhausted by this fact because I have loved, yes, loved with a capital D on these guys who merely saw me as plaything, that's what I felt after, a mere plaything. Although not to the point of feeling like a rag because I did enjoy my time with them, I was thinking we could get to know better after, hang-out, go on dates but it's just not happening.


They think just because someone who dances well or looks cute in the dark is worth going to bed, only to bed. Nothing more.


They think just because I look like (insert reproductive organ or body orifice here), I'm worth their libido. Nothing more.


They think just because I reciprocate with their use of sugar-coated words, I'm worth their erection. Nothing more.


Well, I have yet and again learned my lesson. Gullibility was never intended yet, gullibility was the game played initially.


That's it, I just got exhausted.  

Comments

  1. im worth their erection

    i like that statement

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally one with you on this one kid. And like you, I have my own dose of deception just recently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe take a time out for the mean time? hehe. Good observation. It made me think of all those times...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hay naku, ako i don't really care, hahaha...
    i got off, i felt good, it doesn't matter if i got used or what :P
    well it's just me LOLs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. repeat after me:

    sex is not love, and love is not all sex.

    that keeps me sane in the dog-eat-dog world out there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. *imsonotconio - hehe,thanks,a spur of the moment statement.

    *Mu[g]en - I just love how we agree on most things. Hehe.

    *Jaytee - affirmative. No sex or rather no impulsive sex.
    NO SEX? Oh Eym Dyi!

    *Soltero - Well those people think that way. I can't blame them though. That is how they want it played.

    *Eternal Wanderer - mantra of my life, which, I have yet to fully comprehend.

    Thanks guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. malandi ka, guyrony, hahaha! i can read the hidden messages hanggang sa comments section, bwahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this post, ang galing galing mo talaga magsulat....na flattered ka ba - tara sex na? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Time to recoup, regroup, recharge Guyrony.

    The next time you go to war, (and yes, it is war out there), choose your battle wisely. Know thy enemy, and I've learned that sometimes our worst enemy is ourself.=)

    Kane

    ReplyDelete
  10. *john stanley - if I'm a flirt, what does that make you, our god???!

    *JR - a*#hole. Hahaha! Come here. We'll flatter each other.

    *Kane - thank you, these are just what I need from the fall.
    And when I get back, I get them back.
    Bwahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts