A Traveler's Pursue

Wednesday. 7:30am, Manila time. Blogger's Residence.


I was looking at the ceiling and was just thinking of what to finish today. I have no work but I have a lot to accomplish.


FEU, UST, UP. Schools I have to go to today, no, not later today, I need to go there, now. No procrastinating. Remember the last time you procrastinated? You lost an opportunity, big time! Get your large butt out of the bed . Geez, some militant mind of mine getting all bossy and pushy.


I got my towel from the clothesline and went in the bathroom. The weather was still hot despite PAGASA's forecast of the start of the rainy season. Sure, it was colder than May but not much of a difference. I turned on the knob of the shower. The water sprinkled my hair and started to leak towards my face, neck, body, legs. 


It feels good, this day is going to be good. I thought to myself. Today, I have a reason to return to Manila and appreciate its beautiful sceneries and appreciate its diversity of people.


I'm that simple-minded and I guess you could also say superficial but it's fine. Life need not be deep in order to value it per se.


I'm pretty sure they wouldn't allow someone inquiring to go about wearing plaid shorts and a slim-fit shirt. The best I could do is wear a decent polo shirt, pants and sneakers to match. High-heeled stilettos optional.


Brisk walking towards where I can hail an FX going to Manila City Hall. Dripping sweat, forming a huge paint-like mass at my back. It was as if Picasso made an apparition and placed it on my back.


After 10 minutes of walking I was finally able to ride. Thank goodness the driver looks fine. I'm always anxious when a driver looks like a hoodlum. Hahaha! Just kidding. I mean, like a mugger.


The ride was fairly smooth with a couple of traffic bumps here and there especially in NAIA and Baclaran Church, as always. About more than an hour of travel time, I was back in the beautiful and picturesque Manila. How I wish I was a student again! The smell of the jeepneys tar-colored smoke, the aroma of street people walking along every corner of the road, and the smog-ridden atmosphere. Oh yes, I am definitely, positively, assuringly in Manila. Mind you, I was having nostalgia.


I quickly rode a jeep: Quiapo-España. First itinerary for the day: FEU. I initially went to the Technology Building to surrender an ID in order for me to get in, after doing that I went inside the campus. I went to the Nursing Building to check where can I inquire about Graduate Studies. Yes, I am thinking of pursuing a Master's Degree. Well the people in the office were their usual unfriendly and unaccommodating disposition so I decided to be more aggressive and knocked on a glass window and asked a staff to where I can inquire requirements for the Masteral Program. After getting and asking what I needed, I went out and headed straight to Ever Recto. I haven't eaten breakfast, coffee was the only thing that was placed inside my mouth prior to coming to Manila. I'm parched and famished. I badly need to grab something before I die of dehydration and starvation. I bought some bread plus a sports drink to keep me going, after all I have just finished my first itinerary for the day, I still have two more to go. 


In the midst of munching and drinking someone texted me:


Texter: Hey, where you at?


Me: Ever Recto. Why?


Texter: I need to go to Beda, wanna accompany me?


Me: Sure, where are you now?


Texter: LRT, Vito Cruz station.


Me: Alright. Where do you want us to meet?


Texter: Near Beda would be fine.


Me: Well I'm near Beda so I can just walk from here.


Texter: Thanks.


Me: No problem, take care.


Texter: Yes, will do. 


Part 1


P.S. I swear this is turning out to be so Daisy Siete-ish. Nyahahaha!

Comments

  1. oh u didnt tell me! im planning to go and inquire din for my masters in schools, sana nagsabay tayo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ehem! di man lang nagtext! sna man lang nakapagkita tau at nakapaglandian kahit ilang minuto lang! bwuahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ehem..sino si texter??
    haha, at bket angd aming schools na pupuntahan? UST to UP? layo nun di ba? hehe :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. *imsonotconio - hehe, of course I have no idea you have plans of pursuing a Masteral Degree.

    *Justin - I was actually able to go inside Beda for a bit. I wasn't able to see anyone worth drooling although there was this gay( other than myself) who nearly or intentionally wanted to bump me.

    *Soltero - texter? He will be revealed within this week.Oh yeah, and I was referring to UP Manila in P.Gil. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. am also planning to enter grad school as soon as i get a mon-fri/8 hour job...

    will wait for the part 2..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. all this time i thought you were living in Manila. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did? No, I live South. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts