A Very Humbling Day

NO! Was my Mom's reply after continuously pleading her in buying me new sneakers for an upcoming event.

After an answer I have been expecting but couldn't accept, I left our home with a grudge in my heart . I dragged myself along the streets in our subdivision as I walk towards a waiting shed. People were walking past through me with their morning cheerfulness and flamboyance. 

It makes me want to throw up in the middle of the road!

It makes me want to gnaw on someone's arm with anger!

It makes me want to hurl a full dining set with frustration!

It makes me want to break expensive China with disappointment!

It makes me want to cripple that schizophrenic man gallivanting near my path!

In short, there was a huge thundercloud above my head waiting for the perfect time to strike its full glory to anyone and everyone who comes near me. I'm that infuriated.

But of course I didn't do any of those. I get mad easily but, like any rational being, I try to process the pros and cons of the whole situation:

Pros

1) We're renovating the house so it will totally put a hole on her pocket.

2) She provides me with allowances every week until I will be able to be absorbed in the Institution.

3) She's someone I depend to in times of trouble and doubt.

Cons

1) I haven't bought sneakers for more than a year now, isn't it time to upgrade? Duh, of course.

2) If ever she buys me one using a credit card which might exceed her credit limit, I won't be able to pay her back in full next month, I can pay her in installment basis.

3) I'm someone whom she can depend on when it comes to family talks or related conversations so I think I badly need a reward.

It's a fair fight, the justifications are all laid out. But still, the ego was bruised. 

And so the cringing begins.

Part 1 

Comments

  1. When you start earning your own money, that's when you realize you owe a lot to your parents. Nako pag ang ermats ko nagpabili sa akin, kahit masira ang budget hindi ko na pinapansin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i guess it's time for you to look for a part time job. it's different if you're earning your own money.

    i remember what my dad said when i was 18 and asking for allowance:

    "Para kang punong walang lilim!"

    ouch! after that i searched for a PT job and my life was never the same again.

    cheers! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok lnag yan makakabili ka rin ng bago next tme dont be atat

    ReplyDelete
  4. To all: Yes, you guys are definitely right. Like what I always tell myself when I go to sleep and feel bad, it's just a matter of resting my feelings for the time being. I'm fine now, thanks a whole lot. I feel much better.

    *imsonotconio - I was hoping that's for PFW. :) But, never mind. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. gayahin mo style ko...

    "puss and boots" eyes work! LOL

    i agree with Soltero. PT job! PT job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have puppy dog nor kitten-like eyes. I have a set of strong and fierce eyes which makes me unsuitable for your suggestion. Hahaha! But thanks for helping. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mga 8 years pa akong ganyan, asa sa magulang. haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well arkin that's the price you pay for going into med but appreciate the fact that your parents are more than willing to help you fulfill your dream.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts