It Doesn't Matter

Once a Malate boy, always a Malate boy. 

And most of the people I've interacted with who don't go there always get grossed-out.

Maybe it's the culture.

Maybe it's the place.

Maybe it's the people.

But I don't care, I had always been fond of going there even if some memories are bittersweet and heart-breaking.  

The past will remain the past.

The memories will only remain memories.

The past encounters will remain past encounters.

I ask detractors why not join me so that they will have an idea what it's like there?

Because it's a dirty, filthy, nasty place. And that's a major place for hook-ups. Most guys would tell me.

Well, where isn't nowadays? I made a decent rebuttal.

Everywhere you look, you can get sex. I can name a lot! Malls, restos, internet shops, work place, gyms, and even train stations! They're all places to get hook-ups. And, it's up to you if you would take the bait or not. I further continued.

It's really up to you, your personality, your emotions and how you define limitations that makes all the decisions. Not the place. Never the place.

Malate is a place to unwind, to relax, to soul-search. It just provides an ambiance near to eroticism. And again, the person decides.

It's a party place, a meeting of the minds albeit in a different manner and setting though. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Whorehouse. Flirts. Bitches. Sluts. Fuckers and suckers. These are just some of what I have heard them describing the place.

And I admit, it's true and it's really prominent, I guess, more prominent than some other public places. That's why they judge you easily because booking is a simpler investment and the self is the market. As contrary to the places above where it's more discreet, more subtle.

Malate is haven for me. This is where I can dance the night away without thinking of anything, uh , I mean almost anything. Without thinking anything. Brain dead? Hahaha!

This is where all the tension at home, at work, at the external and internal stressors present all be put in a keep safe for at least the night. And that will be a good three to four hours. Not bad! Not bad at all. :)

And when I think about it, I really don't have too much to explain to them other than that it provides me that needed solitude in a crowded and deaf-inducing area like that.

Ironic? It sure is. But after graduating from college, I don't think school is the second home for me anymore.

Malate is. Bed bar is. O Bar is.

Yes. I'm a flirt. You can even say I'm a great one. A refined one. A pure bred flirt.

But I'm not a whore. Nor a slut. Nor a bitch. Nor a fucker and a sucker. 

Not on weekdays at least. 


  

Comments

  1. sobrang naka-relate ako. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Tristan Tan - It's true!!! Hahaha!

    *Aris - I figured that out. Tomorrow, we shall reign again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! When? I'm expecting you already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. malate is also a place to study. :) and i can say, its my haven too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonder if there will come a time I'd be able to move on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *arkin - oh yeah! Good point! I have always been fascinated by the diversity it offers.

    *Mu[g]en - are you the type of person who has a lot of regrets? Just asking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Di ko alam ang kultura ng Malate. Ang kultura sa CB, Q, F, etc, yan, pwede nating pag-usapan. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. if malate is a haven, a place of escape, where (or what) are you escaping from?

    ReplyDelete
  9. ngayon lang ulit ako napadaan sa site na itey! bakit nagbago ka nang lay out? mas gusto ko yung dati! hahaha... pakielamero..

    ReplyDelete
  10. *daredevilry - home. Long story involving bigotry and close-mindedness. :)

    *Justin - time for a change. You don't like the lay-out? At least some readers won't complain about the hue. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts