O Dear!

I was pacing around our house that night, it was a Saturday and what better thing to do aside from surfing the net all night or playing the PS2 is to go out and have some wholesome fun (subjectively speaking).

I was texting people, people who I know go out every weekend to relax, unwind, and frolic in a sea of men. So, there I was, going up and down the house, checking my phone for an update if I'll be going out with them or not, trying on shirts for the best outfit possible. Multi-tasking. 

I'm excited, I don't know why. Perhaps, because it was the first time I'll go out after more than a month of not hanging-out at clubs.

Ten o' clock passed and still no text from J, I was getting worried, questions already boiling up in my head:

What if they don't like to hang with me?

What if they find me too talkative?

What if they see me as a little brother who they should take care of all the time?

What if, they really don't find me amusing to be with?

What if this? What if that?

What if I just relax and stay calm?

After a few minutes of wrestling with my brain on useless questions, I sat down and played the PS2. But that didn't last, I want to get out of the house, heck, it's a Saturday night for crying out loud, people, especially people like me get out on a Saturday. Party, booze, french kisses, ribbed condoms and stuff like that.

I texted J: Hey, let me know if you guys will still go somewhere after the movie, alright! Update me by 11:30. Thanks.

There!

A desperate and pathetic attempt in order for me to know if they'll really go to a club that night or not. Because if they're not, then I might as well stay home and wait for the next weekend. Currently, I just figured I need company when hanging in a bar. I don't want to be seen as a single, loner, attractive guy who wants a hook-up whenever he could. Nyahaha!

I stopped playing, I turned off the console and tried to watch television. It seems to work, I got distracted for a bit. I surfed the channels, focused on some shows, then changed it to MTV. Damn! They're playing Techno and House music. Arrrrgggghhhh! I turned the television off. I had to calm my senses, I was getting erratic and hyper again.

And so I did. After ironing out what I will wear if ever I'll be going out, I looked at my bed and it seems inviting. I looked at the time 11:00pm, J and the others are still in the Movie House watching. I lied down, stretched my limbs, got a good grip on my pillow and started humping it, just kidding, I clasped the pillow tightly in my arms and tried to get a nap for the short span of time.

By 11:15 an acquaintance of mine named Mac texted me: Hey, where are you? 

In which I gladly replied: I'm at home. I wanna go out. Let's go to Malate!

After a few seconds he replied: Sure, I'm already at NLEX.

I just remembered, he came from an out of town trip but the good thing is that he's game for a night of partying.

Suddenly, I was losing hope that J and the guys will go out tonight. Maybe by next week they will. I said to myself.

After doing a series of replies to Mac I hurried myself to go to the wash room then proceed to the bath room then to my room to change.

Finally! The much needed rest and relaxation I've been wanting is near! Go-go boys here I come! :)

While I was dressing up, a text appeared. I opened my phone, read who is the sender and read the message.

It was from J and it read: Hey, me and the guys will be heading to O Bar, Ortigas.

O Bar? Oh yeah, the newly-built club in Ortigas. I've heard of bad comments there but since I'm desperate and my feet are itching to go out then I might as well try it there once.

I texted Mac: Change of plan, going to O Bar ,Ortigas.

Mac agreed and I went on my way to Ortigas.

Being a person without a knack for directions or any sense of directions, I was texting J most of the time where the hell O Bar is. I thought it would be near Megamall but I was wrong. So wrong. And all the while I thought I could actually walk from Megamall to O Bar.

I could but then by the time I get there I'm as sweaty as a pig on a hot summer day. Good thing though is that Mac and his friend CK saw me walking along J.Vargas all by my lonesome and let me ride with them in the cab.

We arrived around 1:30am. Fashionably late as usual. There were numerous people, fewer than Bed I must say. Most of the people there, I don't see going to Bed.

New club, new culture, new faces, new bookings.

I greeted J and the other guys with my usual bravado with a hint of perkiness. I hugged all of them and tried to be entertained by the drag show.

Cool!

Amusing!

Entertaining!

Worth Seeing!

Funny and Hilarious!

These are the words that best describe the show. I was laughing my head off because of the impersonations. Hey, I like these types of entertainment. Maybe I could join someday. Hehehe.

After a series of four drag songs the party light started and it was time to move my feet and shake my body.

Woohoo! This is what I've been waiting for! Let's get it on all night long!

Unfortunately, after 30 minutes of body bumping and body grinding, another series of drag show started. Although I still find them hilarious and amusing, I was feeling a bit miffed. I'm definitely alright with one or two drag shows like what Bed has been offering but three to four drag shows AGAIN! I didn't pay 200 pesos just to see a drag show marathon. I was there to dance, mingle because I'm pseudo-single and burn calories.

Good thing is that after the series of shows the party light started again and I dragged J to the ledge. Hey, call me attention whore or attention seeker, I love the ledge!

Another good hour of dancing and then the lights went on again, I literally said: Oh no! Not again!

But I can't complain to my friends, they're not the management.

Guess what? Another drag show started.

I apologized but they literally suck. The whole experience is just too draggy for me. If I wanted a series of drag shows, I could do them myself and have way more fun!

We left earlier than when we leave from Bed. Really earlier.

O Bar, you're O Banned in my list. 

Comments

  1. Next time, try going solo, you'd find yourself breathlessly liberated having your own adventure alone.

    I might go back to O-Bar Ortigas before delivering my review about the place. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually started as a lone wolf in the club scene so I pretty much know the ups, downs, loopholes and other what not in that area. :)

    And I am dating someone exclusively. That says a lot already. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't understand exclusive dating anymore

    I'm glad you had fun 8D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad, late bloomer ako so ngayon pa lang ako nag-eenjoy sa paglandi sa clubs! hahaha Haven't been to any clubs in the PI, I will definitely check it out when I get back! Wooot woooot

    ReplyDelete
  5. *misterpedagog - Thanks, enjoyed it even if it wasn't what I had thought it would be.

    Exclusive dating - it's when you and a guy go...monogamous? Well it depends what are the terms and conditions involved. More talk on that soon!

    *JR - When you come back here for a visit, we'll hop from bar to bar and get the most hook-ups we could find! Wahahaha!

    *Vince - I know! Too many!!! Can't breathe! Aaaaaahhhhh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. goign solo to bars is, to Galen's word "liberating."

    wala kang kelangang intindihin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is definitely liberating, hmmmm, I might try it again just for the sake of.

    Thanks!

    Oh Malate, I will rejoin your loving arms by the second week of May! Wahahaha!

    Papa will come again to partey!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts