Represent!

My mind is still abuzz. The recently concluded Philippine Fashion Week gave me that much needed kick of adrenaline and sugar rush all in one go.


Venue: Function Room 4, SMX Convention Center Seashell Drive, Mall Of Asia Complex, Pasay City


RSVP: Runway Productions


Attire: Fashionably Chic 


HELL YEAH!


Sure, I know some may say it's a social climber's dream to attend but I was there to support a friend and learn a thing or two.


And maybe, just maybe drool over the models who were their to strut their stuff, Dammit!


From the first designer Benjie Manuel who spearheaded the glamorous Haute Couture Runway to June Pugat who appalled and mesmerized me with his silk screen paintings to Popoy Barba who marvelously closed the rest of the night, it was amazingly and wonderfully breath-taking.


Was there another strike of realization that came into my paranoid and superficial mind? Yes there is.


There is a lot of potential in the Philippine Fashion Industry. Forget Monique Lhuillier or Rafe Totengco, I mean designers who are here in the country, showcasing what they can offer to Filipinos and non-Filipinos residing in our country. It took me one Fashion Show, one hundred and sixty garments and hundreds of spectators to realize that. True, I have been an avid fan but only in tube level meaning watching Fashion Shows through our television, nothing more than that. So seeing them for the first time made  my stomach full of butterflies and that pump, pump, pump you get after gulping down a doppio espresso. Each and every one of their creations is worth an applause. They are that great with their craftsmanship.


Model after model walking down the runway, garment after garment, my eyes got so full that I forgot about my rumbling and rambling stomach. Hahaha! Although I was fashionably late for the nth time, I was still able to see it from a far, far, view. 


I loved every minute of it. I liked most of their creations. I salivated because of the male models. I pivoted my head 360 degrees to look for a potential, uhm, partner. And mind you, there are a lot. Call it Homosexual Heaven. You can literally sniff gayness from one feet radius.


P.S. Of the five that I have invited over to celebrate with me in this joyous event, only one came. Thanks, friends! NOT! :)

Comments

  1. Wonder how I would write about fashion if I get invited in such an event. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure that would be interesting.

    Coming from your viewpoint, can't wait!

    Hahaha! But seriously, I would want to read that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ikaw ang nasa photo, P? Japorms ah. At Oohlala

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Carrie - yes, I am. This will be my first and last time posing something as daring as this one.

    *Tristan Tan - you slimy slut, get your hands off my chest!

    (suddenly gushes when Tristan grabs the pectoralis major)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm parang natatandaan ko tong damit na to ah lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lucky you!

    ganda ng outfit! ang dibdib mo nagmumura! wooooot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. naka-side angle ka. hahaha.

    Nice outfit. taray din ng mga muscles mo. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. humpft.

    i should've gone there in my gold lamé caftan with matching turban for that kabog effect.

    lolz

    ReplyDelete
  9. ala eh..ay pagka sexy ga nare! mas sexy siguro kung tatanggalin mo ang outfit mo hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmmm..parang ang sarap...makatabi ka sa kama! hahahhaa :

    ReplyDelete
  11. *JR - nyahaha! Not gonna happen dude, not gonna happen. :)

    *Soltero - wanna try???

    ReplyDelete
  12. last year, i had 5 tickets too. none of my friends came :( HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh really? Geez, I would have been frustrated with them if they'd do that to me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. *imsonotconio - haha!I wish! I was wearing a jacket from Topman before I took it off because of the heat.

    *Nimmy - thanks, uh, I think. :)

    *iurico - yes, slightly-side angled, that's my best position, uhm, I mean, pose.

    *Eternal Wanderer - I am pretty sure you will trounce almost everyone, even Sarah Meier. ;)

    *daredevilry - wish you can join the next season's Fashion Week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. teka, parang gwapo ata yung nakaakbay sayo sa pic na yan? lol! at saan ang exact location ng picture na to? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  16. The guy who's beside me?

    Hunky. Really hunky. Very straight-acting too.

    Location? You wanna join us there sometime? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts