Weird

Friday. 9:00am, Manila Time. At a dentist's clinic.

After more than a year and 3 months of wearing braces I finally had it removed. Actually the dentist advised me to have it taken out on its anniversary but being the stubborn me, I let it stay for another quarter.

What can I say, I have long since wanted one because for vanity and health purposes but really more for vanity. You see, I have two malocclusions on both sides after the teeth I call Bugs Bunny Teeth because of being more prominent than the others. It has been there since I turned into a teen or tween. Shucks! 

So the first thing I did with my first (or maybe the second) paycheck is to have braces. I immediately went to our family dentist, asked the estimate for the damages, uh, expenses then thought of a picture of me having braces.

Then came the hardest part. It was placing the braces. It was excruciatingly painful! And while the dentist was drilling a small portion of my teeth so that it would be aligned when the metal will be put in place, my hands were in praying position just because I want the misery to stop!

I don't want this anymore! My mind kept yelling and my heart was beating faster than usual. The drilling sound made me feel worse and I just had to endure and just had cling to dear life!

Just kidding.

I already made a mind set way before I even got circumcised that I wanna have braces so the last thing that I will do is back-out from the plan and just make a refund.

And besides, this is for the best, for my best. Hahaha!

The first time that I made an appointment for the braces to be tightened, I had no idea it would hurt badly, like being continuously pounded by a, uh, hammer?

(Naughty thoughts flooding)

It was really painful and the pain will remain for a couple of days of which in those days, no hook-ups just because. No further explanation involved. 

I remembered how each month I would shudder by the thought of having it re-adjusted over and over again for my teeth to be aligned. That damn drill is just a wee bit scary and horrifying. Think mad scientist decapitating bodies of people for his lucrative and diabolical experiments.

Good thing is that that's all over and now I have the privilege of eating what I like (!) without the meddling of those stupid pasta or egg noodles stuck between the crevices of my braces. I go back to my pig-fest and eat till my heart's content and won't be bothered by leafy vegetables dangling from a spontaneous corner in my set of teeth. And last but not least, I can do someone without having to worry that it would make a scar. Sorry, hehe, just had to post that one. :)

As of this moment, I just ate, I haven't brushed and I will take a nap in a bit. I miss my braces and I miss it badly. We have been through tough and glorious times together, we have shared a lot of experiences, memorable or horrible. And, we have been bonded, literally.

Anxiety Separation with an inanimate object?!

Oh dude, you're just too weird...

P.S. Signature band color: Sky Blue!

Comments

  1. oh cool. i remember my first boyfriend. i like to torture him by kissing him hard after he gets his braces tightened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. weird ang feeling noh? i had braces years back. nung tinanggal parang hinahanap hanap sya ng dila ko. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. suddenly i miss my braces... what i don't miss ay yung sakit everytime pinapaadjust hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. *daredevilry - you mother effing sadist!!! Haha! Mean! :)

    *Nimrod - yeah, I still miss the feel of the metal around my teeth.

    *lee - the hardest part was the monthly adjustments. I swear I wanna ask for a local anesthesia every time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts