The Circle

I have to confess something...

One of the reasons why I blogged is for me to widen my social circle, or more specifically, bloggers social circle. You see, I don't really have peers, gay peers to hang-out and have fun with. Sure, I do have some gay friends but the thing is, they're just connected through me and not really as me with them and vice-versa.

Then, the most wonderful thing happened to me last year, I met a certain famous blogger through an anonymous meet-up and because I so love his blog that after seeing him for the first time up close and personal, it changed my way on seeing things. 

I was more surprised when he invited me to his Birthday Party (partey! To you guys!) because I wasn't really expecting that to happen but it did. The day came to go to his partey and there I met a ton of bloggers of different interests and perspectives. 

Of course, I haven't or I didn't like some of their posts but what the heck, some don't like sunshine and some don't like drizzles, so what?!

Anyway, after that event, I didn't come out drunk and with a throbbing headache as some did but it was a life-changing situation. It altered me forever. It got me thinking to a psychological-philosophical extent.


One of this famous bloggers' friend, J, even asked for my name four times. I was like: did you drink your Sustagen Premium already? But of course I was just kidding, the guy's mind is just flooding from wine that time. Hello, memory impairment. 

But now, J and I, according to what I can sense, is that we're close, great acquaintance close. Right? :) 

What I'm trying to say is that I did get in their circle, heck, we even hang-out sometime at J's place. It's always fun to be with them, never and I say this with full testimony and conviction that there really is no dull moment with them even when eating breakfast at a Tapsi store in Sampaloc. Hilarious as they all are, as we all are, we share some common interests (boys, sex, hook-ups, bed preference, theater?, etc.). 

It's also worth noting that although I still get a little bit scared and awkward when gay guys unite for a cause (Working Abroad, New Year celebration, or Just for the sake of getting drunk). I have come a long way from being a semi-wallflower a.k.a poster a.k.a portrait from the first partey to the latest one. I can still remember how I was bowing all the time because they seem to know each other so well but I don't even have anyone to talk to aside from an acquaintance I earlier met that week.

Their company is something that I always look forward when J texts me/us for invites on some flirting/basking/gallivanting/leisure walking/boy-hunting escapades. 

But one thing in my mind lingers and I don't think it can ever be erased...

I won't date anyone in the circle. Anyone. Ever. 

Not even a fellow blogger. 
 

Comments

  1. I wonder why a lot of bloggers dont like to date fellow blogger - Hmmmm whats up with that? lol Hope I can join you guys when I get home ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i only meet bloggers that i like. i feel that if i did join one of those parties, i'm only going to be a wallflower. even if i knew everyone in that party.

    anyway, nice mantra. hope i have a circle of friends though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. *JR - This is coming from my point of view: bloggers have the tendency to be more secretive because we have a personal side and then we also have the bloggers side, we become someone different in our own blog although not to the point of extreme.

    *engel - you can be in my circle of ten, I mean circle of friends!

    A partey will be held by July, as J confirmed so I hope you guys get to be there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ay? sure? definite na yan?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess that's my reason as well for coming to the last party: to widen my circle of friends. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. *daredevilry - yes, most probably. Although it's still too early to plan this one as J told me.

    Discreet Manila - welcome to the club! Getting drunk by the Soju is our initiation into the bloggers world. Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts