Proven Worthy

I'll come out when I'm already an independent person, emancipated and living my life as what I intended it to be.

This was what I used to say when I was younger and still very fearful, no, highly-terrified of coming out.

I admit and most of us would like to admit that being a homosexual, we are given the stereotypic notion that we are feeble, soft and weak. Aside from the other adjectives that narrow-minded people use to demoralize us.

Good thing is that times are a-changing and gone were the days that we were mostly judged by who we are and not of what we are capable of. 

I completely disagree with people that gays are weak, on the contrary, we are stronger than what most people think, what most people judge us, what most people perceive us.

They think Heterosexuals are tough, sure they are but Homosexuals are tougher, living in a presumably hetero-dominated world. 

Don't we all want to make an impact? Something that could make us feel that even though some people see us as queer in a literal and figurative way, we know we can make a difference and make a stand.

Which is why I think we want to prove ourselves much, much, much better. Defying the limits of social norms and constrictions, we all move to make something out of tolerated criticizing.

Self-determined, witty, diplomatic, and self-reliant, these are just some of what I have seen displayed and portrayed by gays. Very fine words of description indeed.

Are our efforts being recognized? Yes and no.

Yes, because I have seen a lot of gay guys being affirmed to a higher state of living due to their unending efforts in the industry they took and no, because some straight executives see them as mere immoral, deplorable beings. It still is widely seen and executed but, what the heck, we're here to put an end to these, to all of these.

What's totally cool and awesome is that the criticisms, discriminations, and embarrassments we receive are our driving force on what behold us in the future. We turn perfectly negative comments into something, fabulous. And we don't return it to our detractors the same way they did it to us, we do it in our own positive, dignified way. 

Comments

  1. Aw...you totally agree! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been thinking about this myself and may write about my thoughts on coming out as soon as i can sift through my jumbled thoughts.

    i am impressed by your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, thanks for dropping by daredevilry. Well my thoughts is what keeps this blog up and running, sure I get blocked sometimes but nevertheless I conjure up something. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts