To Draw Motivation...

Nowadays, people find it difficult to get motivated and be motivated. Sure, most people find initial motivation but  what is more important is that you find the strength to sustain and preserve one.


At this point in time, how can one obtain something that seems fairly easy to get but a struggle to hold on?


Last Saturday afternoon, I got the chance to feel and realize how important it is to be emotionally vulnerable yet you check yourself once in a while to make sure it would not lead to an emotional distress.


The movie Up was playing and being the ignoramus me and my likeness for 3D-animated movies, I decided to give it a go.


And from there towards the end, I was sobbing with such overwhelming feeling.


Because everyone can relate...


Of a Childhood Promise. I remembered how I wanted to be a teacher - the best one there is. And to be an astronaut - the greatest the world could have. I remembered how I wanted to have an eccentric lifestyle from chauffeurs to butlers to maids in French dresses. How it was wonderful to have those be reminded of who I was before.


Of Postponed Dreams. While growing up, I later realized that I loved so much things that my mind shifted gears faster than a Porsche was speeding along NLEX. Ambitions that were either made late or started early but never got to be finished.


Of Cherishing Moments. Mortality is a subject deeply and profoundly rooted to us. It makes perfect sense or it may make the most incomprehensible one. When a family member leaves, you remember everything, even the most nonsensical conversation. And that is because it was the time shared and spent. Not the filling of the conversation.


Couples have a Universal Obligation to make each other happy. Even if they do not say the words 'I do'.


Of Finding Strength even in the Wraps of Darkness. This is one of the hardest one has to go through in order to be a better person. How can a person look forward to a life of light without even seeing a glint? Ah yes, the key here is support. If one can not see it then perhaps, another person can help realize the person's worth. Little by little. Big leaps are not feasible here. The best way are small steps - paths leading to the light.


Of Pursuing the Postponed. Even grown-ups have the right to continue what had been delayed. Late will always be better than Never. Trying is better than Not trying at all.


Of Friends and Nemesis. People have this notion on trust and how one mistrust can lead to a series of suspicions. I learned it the hard way. True, mistrust can take away even the best relationships. And yes, sometimes, the people you trust best are the people who bites worst.


Of Success. And when triumph is within an arms' reach, remember to credit yourself, first and foremost and never forgetting the people who helped you make your way through the pinnacle. 


I learned a lot. And now it is time to pursue the learning process and be motivated for the best of reasons. For perseverance can be truly rewarding if harnessed to your way.


Thanks for the adventure! Now go and find the next one! - Love, Ellie

Comments

  1. when Jerron and I watched this, it really affected us. it's a beautiful film. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. apir! ako nga umpisa pa lang naiyak na eh..hehe
    [IKR? am such a cry baby]

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is a wonderful film.

    We can draw motivation in almost everything. the thing is why do we want to be motivated?

    I'm back! wahaha I got lots of back reading to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. UP is one of the best animated film i watched. i too sobbed like a baby. lalo na sa unang part. dun ko naisip na i should look for my ellie! :D

    and yeah, ginagaya ko si russel! hahaha

    like "i can see your house from here!" hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. pelikulang pambata na hindi lang para sa bata..

    ReplyDelete
  6. i saw UP pero online lng kya di gano mganda quality, matsek nga DVD hehe..i will watch it again because of ur post...galing eh! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't seen UP. A friend told me he's sobbing the whole time din

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hay G, that was one of the movies i will always remember last year for.

    I love the way you wrote this:) very honest? I guess there will always be certain films that reminds us of the things we value in this world.

    Like love and friendship.

    =)
    K

    ReplyDelete
  9. one of my favorite movies! leo and i cried sa simula pa lang. may kurot sa puso at sa uhmmmmm puso na nga lang ulit. lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. *daredevilry - it is definitely one of the best. Although Mulan would still come on top. Uh, wait, that didn't sound right. Hahaha!

    *Desole Boy - it is okay to cry. That is a way of pouring out what you feel...

    *Jaytee - I miss you man! Where have you been?

    Have you been to London to sleep with the queen??? ;)

    *my-so-called-Quest - ah, the serendipitous moment of finding an Ellie. Wish we all could have happy endings.

    *anteros' dominion - so true!

    *soltero - watch it! You will love it!

    *orally - I think I was that friend of yours???

    *Kane - honesty is not my middle name dear K, however, I do think the world needs more than just veracity and fact.

    *Nimmy - hahaha! Fine! Yeah, it is really one of my most favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts