Feeling Like Celebrating

I fondly remembered a person saying that the birthday should be the happiest day of your life and I believed that person even if I forgot who that one is.


Birthday celebrations were never part of my annual itinerary for the reason that I know I could celebrate it in the simplest way I can; no birthday songs and certainly no freeloaders! But personal greetings are what I appreciate the most.


You see when I was a child I always did celebrate it, my birthday. There were always balloons, a large plate of spaghetti, hotdogs placed on wooden skewers with colorful marshmallows, pancit bihon, a humongous square-shaped mocha cake and candles aptly numbered according to my age. And over time I got less and less excited about celebrating it even with the people I love and treasure, call me an honorary pessimist but it is what it is. True, sometimes I get giddy and perky and jolly when birthday nearly arrives but when the actual day comes I feel, normal and not even Conti's nor Becky's nor Red Ribbon nor Goldilocks nor Banapple could cheer me up. I guess you get more practical with age, you get deeper, more realistic, you look past superficial celebrations.


This is me telling my two cents on my birthday and should not in any way be taken bad or worse than bad, really bad. Emotions and celebrations, somehow people would think the grander the celebration the more euphoria you feel but it is not always the case.


But enough about that, it is still my birthday. Thanks for those who greeted. I tell you it still warms my passive heart.

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday! You are a Scorpio [ scorpio horoscope ] and you are strong! Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know if it's late, but Happy birthday G!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tell you it still warms my passive heart.

    gaano ka warm G? hehehe

    Happy birthday ulit. mwah! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Bday my friend!!!

    Many more (boys) to come!!

    ching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our birthdays are about the future, not about the past. We are celebrating having arrived so far because such successful resilience allows us to continue forward. We proclaim our potential to further enjoy the gifts of life. Birthdays are expressions of unbridled, blind faith in our own suspended mortality.

    Nuff said, may you be happy, birthdays or not. =)

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy happy birthday! :D
    let's celebrate!. coffee? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy birthday!

    ako pagbirthday ko i dont want to work its either absent ako or magleleave hehehehe

    sometimes yung mga tao na di mo naeexpect ay nagregreet sa yo at mga tao naman na ineexpect mo igreet ka eh nakakalimut tsk tsk tsk

    ReplyDelete
  8. *everything - hey thanks for the greet and dropping by!!! I am strong but very fragile.

    *engel - thank you, I super appreciate it!

    *Nimmy - it's as warm as a hmmm...I have no idea what to compare it with. Thank you too!

    *Soltero - hehe, unfortunately boy collecting is going to be out of my hobby. Good boy mode.

    *Mu[g]en - you know, there is still that answer I'm dying to hear from you...

    *iurico - thank you. So, just how attractive are you? Rate yourself from 1 to 10, 10 being the highest! Go!

    *Caloy - now, birthdays are not actually all about the future, you go into a whole organized thought of retrospection, introspection and prospection. Hehe. This might get too long to explain but bottom line, it's about the past, the present, the future, the you from those timelines.

    Oh yeah, thank you for the greet!!! Wheeee!

    *orally - thanks. Told you I'm a scorpio! :)

    *my-so-called-Quest - coffee? When? Oh, thanks for the wonderful greeting.

    *Desole Boy - you are late by a day! Hehe. Thanks though!

    *hard2getxxx - thank you for dropping by. Yeah, when it's your birthday it's as if God gave you powers to do whatever you like and just go on with it. I feel you. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ay sorry late, happy birthday! may kakilala ako hinahanap ka. happy birthday din daw. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. late, late. but happy birthday still

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahabol sa pag-greet. happpy berfday! =D

    ReplyDelete
  12. i hope you got the birthday present you've always wanted. :)

    best regards,
    jon

    ReplyDelete
  13. *daredevilry - thanks eon, um, regards to him too. Hehe.

    You two naughty boys still amuse me. :)

    *mark - thanks Mark, for the greet and for dropping by!

    *lee - thank you very much! Wheeeee!

    *Alter - thanks jon. No I didn't get the birthday present I've always wanted but I'll keep on trying...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts