Expecting From The Unexpected

Tuesday morning...


G: You know I'm online.


RB: Hey babe!


RB: No I didn't.


G: You seem to be preoccupied too much.


RB: Yeah, work is tiring. How's your sleep? And I have no load! Hehe.


G: It's okay. You can't seem to send a message even a simple 'good night' here in FB.


RB: I don't usually have time.


G: And you have time to update your posts here?


RB: Look, if you're pissed don't blame it on me. Not on a morning.


He went offline.


We met once in a party hosted by a good friend of mine, the celebrant. He was another one's date that time and I for one do not have any. We were introduced but that was it, we did not talk nor exchange numbers. Then one day he added me up in Facebook which was surprising because I was not expecting that from him. Funny thing is that I primarily can not recognize him. And there, there we introduced ourselves, we talked about his life while I talked about mine. Oh, I loved every minute that we shared, I get all excited and bedazzled even if what we talk about are on a daily basis. We already had plans, not many but quite a few, he was there to support me in any way he can and of course I supported him to the best that I could. We did not tell any one, we thought it was best to be mum about it until we were able to see each other again. A good couple of months passed without a hitch. We were, superficially falling for one another.


He resides in Cebu.


And I am in Manila.


Most of the people I have talked to say that it won't work, it will never work. Long distance relationships are bound to be doomed the minute you commit yourself to one but I was being positive that time. You know what I said to a friend when he asked why I did make it happen?


"I have experienced the most impossible things I have never thought I would encounter, this one, this one is possible. Difficult but possible."


I sent him a message shortly after our heated discussion: I was just expecting too much from you. I'm sorry.


With which he replied in much gusto: I think we need to take a break, priorities must be settled. Maybe it was too fast for us. 


And with that I replied to show that I have no qualms about his abrupt decision: Priorities. Yes. Take a break? Why don't we make it official? :)


Every one puts their most delicate emotion at risk for the sake of finding some one. That is what makes you and me and all of us feel genuine towards a person we find worthy to risk it all.


Alas, we were unofficially on and now we are officially off.

Comments

  1. hey... love defined by distance usually entails the things you wrote up there...

    anyway... makikihugs na din akez bex!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. labels could kill.
    2. rules could have been really handy.
    3. but love does not require set-ups.
    4. love is just plainly love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ako din mwaahhhugggs!

    @alter; SUPER LIKE. SUPER AGREE. bow from 1 to 4! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A battle-weary one would say, "until you have crossed a full month, that's when you could finally gauge the strength of your attachment. Once ties begin to crumble, you know fairly well where it might be heading. Once it becomes stronger, you know who to fight for."

    Its alright Kuya Pawpaw, with the absence of one, another one takes his spot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *anteros' dominion - no hugging required, makes it all seem so bad which is not.

    *hondafanboi - haha, yeah, what is love? Explain in a two minute extemporaneous speech, go!

    *Alter - such wisdom. Thank you for the reminders, makes me feel so delicate right now. Hehehe.

    *MkSurf8 - okay fine!!! Click on 'Like' on Alter's comment! :)

    *Mu[g]en - ah yes, replacing a lost one, how trivial.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts