Mid-year Mania

Who would have thought that the masquerade ball would heighten to such grandiose proportions?

I did. I definitely did.

Given the celebrant's reputation of being sophisticated, glitzy and posh, a guy like me wouldn't even dare wearing a tee from Topman and Levi's Skinny Jeans. Oh no, that would be social murder in which I have no plans of killing, myself.

But let us leave the outfit for those who saw me attend, after all, everyone's a critic. I may have looked my best but I may be a fashion drab to some of them. 

I was a lion: brave, gallant, and poised to the nth level. Walking along Vito Cruz towards the hotel made me feel like King of the Jungle. I turned into a fluffy pussycat upon entering the hotel's hulking driveway. I was anxious.



The gate opens at 12:01am.

Yet I was there about 11:45pm. Talk about being too excited for a party whom you barely know people. The hotel lobby served as my hang-out place till the clock strikes midnight.

And a minute passed after midnight, I didn't see much alight the elevator save for three people with gift bags. I knew they were going towards my destination. The outfit says it all and I can smell them from afar. One of them looked my direction and I looked away. It wasn't time for them to see me without the mask.

And the masks will reveal who you are by 1:00am.

Walking ever so quietly along the fourth floor towards the room I should know that parties like these are bound to be noisy, a little too noisy for the other inhabitants. I knocked on the room given, the celebrant greeted me with his authentic bravado and charm. I immediately felt like one of the privileged few guests.

The crowd, although few were in groups. I placed myself near a table adjacent the sofa where a couple smiled at me upon seeing me wearing a mask. I smiled back with much shyness.

The wallflower in me bloomed again just like the first house party I attended and this time it grew roots. I can't seem to interact with people. I had for that occasion developed skill similar to mutism. Scrutinizing faces across the room, I knew I was alone in the meantime until J drops by and would be willing to start a conversation with me.

A celebrant's friend offered me something to drink. 


Curiosity killed the cat, I was merely questioning the name of the drink. Although it didn't register, I know this will be a long, long, long party. I drank it without much inhibition. It tasted pretty wicked like an addictive poison. The first round was a success. But the mouth is not satisfied yet, the taste still has its undaunting nature, I obtained another serving just to make sure. The alcohol slid inside the throat smoothly there was a slight feeling of heat but nothing compared to the next series of events.






To be juicily continued...

Comments

  1. PARANG napakainteresting ng party ni kane ah!

    kaso wala aman akong gaanong kakilala sa mga mundong ginagalawan niyong mga superstar bloggers..hehehe

    hindi talaga ako social animal and sooobra akong mahiyain kaya kung naimbitahan ako, tiyak nagoobserve lang ako sa paligid

    hehehe,

    ReplyDelete
  2. bitin naman ung post haha...i wna know more..teka cno ba ung nag gatecrash daw? ehehe :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. at least you came.

    i didn't. so now i missed on something and kane won't tell. sigh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lesson learned in private parties:

    Be fashionably late. Hahahaha!! Trust me, if you're not there, I would have downed more glasses of that wicked drink while... complementing how the dresses of the girls best fit them.

    That is, until some guy finally notices me.

    Or I decide to toast my drink to a guy I really like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so out of sync I had to research about this party haha.

    I read things that made go hmmm. haha

    Can't wait to read the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHA! ikaw na ang super maaga at ako naman ang super late. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. i agree!!!i wonder kung anong meron sa mundo ng mga superstar bloggers!!hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. *anteros' dominion - VERY interesting and super fun.

    *Soltero - hmmm...someone gatecrashed? I know someone made a scene but he never gatecrashed.

    *engel - it would be a pleasure to see you but alas, only five or six bloggers came. Sigh.

    *Mu[g]en - I wouldn't miss it for the world. And thanks for being there when the alcohol got me. Appreciate it!

    *Jaytee - hehe. There are juicy bits and pieces. I just got to sew them together.

    *Yas Jayson - it was great seeing you there rich boy!

    *Desole Boy - superstar bloggers? I don't belong there. I am but a blogger who just loves blogging and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow. sounds like something exciting/wild happened. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I let the blogs unfold. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts