About the Ball, the Book Launch and The Booze Parade

Well, well, well it seems blogger boy Guyrony got his dose of weekly socialization engagements?


Look how the tables have finally turned out. And people thought you were living under a rock, hibernating again.


From a very exciting, highly-anticipated and very controversial masquerade party. To a hype-inducing, humor-filling and well-attended gathering for the book launch. And finally, the rip-roaring, fun-filling and alcohol-inducing Midyear party.


Oh yes, love life and sex life maybe zero but your social life is back on track. No worries, I'll keep the two still running soon but for now life ain't that worst at all. :)


There are no words to describe the event last night, everyone was just in high spirit due to the culprit that is Soju. Oh yes, we go back to the culprit way back January of this year when the Soju was the highlight of the whole ruckus. Misdemeanors may or may not be included. Or lasciviousness and mischief. Haha.


I arrived about 10pm. The place was already filling with quite some familiar faces and noises. It was nice seeing some of them again after a long time. I shook hands, exchanged embraces and made a series of hi's and hello's before proceeding to the initiation area. The bar.


The bar was already filled with people all waiting for the devil that had been making all the people salivate from the time the event was posted and organized online. I inched closer to the area where people communicated like high school friends having a reunion. Their laughs are infectious and their dispositions are highly-communicable. I moved closer to get the feel of the whole scenario.


"What will it be?" Asked my ever amiable corporate friend.


"Coke zero please!" I smilingly replied.


After placing two pieces of ice in a cup and filling it three-fourths full I grabbed it with my right hand and gulped it in one go.


"You have to be given the initiation rite." Migs said firmly.


And so with a shot glass in his hand and a bottle of that delectable yet traitor Soju I had no choice but to give in. Who am I to resist such temptation?


I took it in my mouth, it was clean and crisp but I know that its effects are far from safe. I know myself, I know alcohol, I know its consequences on a weak drinker like me.


After six shots of the Korean rice wine I told myself I had enough. Yes, I was tipsy and I was intoxicated and I don't want to embarrass myself acting ridiculous whenever I drink. I did that last time. And that was enough self-humiliation for the month of July.


(wink wink)


When the liquor gets tough one must be tougher. It's an initial reaction getting symptoms from drinking. Good thing there are friends whom I can talk to in and out of the place. I let my rapport skills take me to them. Oh, you good boy you. :)


Parties like these are bound to get a little messy especially in the uhm, kissing department. The latter part showed that to people newbies or party animals alike. There were lip locks by two discreet males, one is more discreet than the other. Let's just say they had a good tongue-lashing by the staircase. What's the clincher? They are bloggers.


And then I met a guy, very lean and cute. Looks really innocent and young. He introduced himself to me and I, on the other hand was smitten by his charm and smile. Oh yes, twinks are my waterloo. Call me Napoleon Bonaparte and I will gladly agree. A little more into the conversation and I learned that he has a boyfriend just around the area. 


WHAT???He then explained how they are in an open relationship. Cool. I was surprised but not shocked because this is something not new to me. Although I haven't been in one but who knows? The world is just full of surprises and people change a part of their principles every now and then to ride the current.


A little more talk and I went out to mingle some more. And there among the attendees, there among the ocean  of gay guys, there among the group of the pink populace I was able to meet his boyfriend. An interesting couple. Three years and still going strong. Oh, I'm not jealous. Well, not yet.


And finally we talk about those significant people who made the night more worthy to be attended. The people who fly and flirt around. Quite a few, I myself included but let's not talk about me anymore. After all, I'm not the most flirtatious in the group. Okay, so I'm one of them but just a runner-up.


It takes a lot of courage and tipsiness in order to be effective when flirting. Some actually don't even need to be given Soju in order to flirt, that's just how they were born. Hahaha! The moves, the quick glances, the interests, the stimulating humor all to get a guy into somewhere. It was Hunting 101 all over again complete with demonstration skills.


The party ended with a bang. Four people were left inside the establishment because they were so sleepy to get home. Pooped-out and too tired to leave the place, they decided to rest for the night (or dawn). Sleepy souls left by people who also went home cheerfully and hopefully booked for the night. Ah, the party that gave people headache but with a smile on their lips. Priceless indeed.

Comments

  1. WOW,SANA MORE details..ayiii

    uy, kamusta ka na? sana okay na ikaw sir. hindi ako maka-comment sa post mo dati, kasi it struck a chord in me..

    medyo pareho tayo ng sitwasyon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kilala ko yata yung isa na nasa staircase na yan. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. am so curious 'bout these gatherings..
    hmmnn...gusto ko din maka-attend..minus the Soju, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahaha curious din ako cno ung nsa staircase na bloggers? bvwahaha :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, those two in the staircase were there all night, busy swapping stories and spits. Couldn't help noticing as they were beside the bar where the soju drinks poured.

    it seemed to me that the "very lean and cute" guy was really into you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ang saya. so missed a lot of things :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. *anteros' dominion - hahaha! More details? The guys in the staircase both follow my blog. And you know this other guy so well. I am pretty sure of that. Nyahahaha!

    *Felipe - ISKR! Short for I SO KNOW RIGHT! Nice meeting you there! Woohoo! Met the great Felipe.

    *Desole Boy - you have to take a sip of this incredulous and lucrative drink. I swear.

    *soltero - I gave the clues on my reply to anteros' dominion's comment. Read and Guess!!! It's fun!

    *daredevilry - funny how that happened right?! And the irony of it all! Hahaha!

    Well it seems this blogger placed an imaginary electric fence around this spit swapper of his. :) We're so mean.

    *Carrie - you missed out but we'll celebrate once you get here as well! Don't be sad, OK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Let's just say they had a good tongue-lashing by the staircase."

    Really G? Tsk tsk... apparently, some are not quite discrete, after all eh?

    While others may have forgotten the value of secrecy, others are mastering it. Don't play until the party's over, that way you get to choose your partner in crime.

    XOXO

    K

    ReplyDelete
  9. they're in an open relationship naman pala. so no harm, no foul. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well K, what can I say? Some guys can't really help but give in to alcohol and men. Some had too much of it I guess.

    How about you dear K? No good boy gone bad at the party? :)

    *daredevilry - exactly. Different strokes for different queer folks. Lucky, lucky couple. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounded like you had a great/exciting time kuya. ayeeeeee... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh shit ahahha..now i'm really really curious and i have no freaking idea who they are ahahahha..somebody just email me the names! LOL :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. *Nimmy - next time you and Leo should join the part. Promise!

    *soltero - last clue!!! You follow this other blogger's blog and you comment on his posts every time. Come on! Put your thinking cap on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'll give you another clue soltero, it's not me. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  15. parang kilala ko ung isa sa mga "stairs" bloggers. hihi. your comment to AnterosD gave it away. "And you know this other guy so well."

    ReplyDelete
  16. *daredevilry - it is definitely not you. I am pretty sure of that.

    *Nimmy - hahaha! Jackpot!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts