The Point Is?

"You haven't spoken to your father yet you're still living in his house, his home. Haven't you given me enough embarrassment already? Do you know how hard it is to grow old without kids? Huh, Guyrony?


I could only imagine her infuriating expression while wickedly peering into the text message she sent to me earlier that day.


Another day, another discrimination. I thought to myself.


Prior to her text there was a commotion involving her, my younger sister, and her girlfriend. My younger sister and her gf are on the verge of breaking-up so what the gf did was to talk to her personally through dropping by our home which is a major taboo according to our parents' imposing rules and regulations. Of course we were more than willing to oblige as far as most circumstances are concerned. This was one of those moments where they really had to talk face-to-face but that's the risk of it. The gf took the risk.


Instances like this rattle the most insensitive person at home which is me. I can't stand the fact that even if I stand, I would still be hushed, crushed and be reprimanded accordingly.


"Mom, I understand what you mean, you have a very good point. I acknowledge, respect and honor that. However, I think this needs to be tackled more personally than through text. If you have the time, talk to us what bothers you most."


-this was my reply to her.


You don't provoke to make a point. You never provoke to make a point.



Comments

  1. In the end, it is them who will surrender. You have to hold on and make your stand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. turning the other cheeck - takes a huge amount of pride swallowing.

    hanga ako sa yo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And if it's bad
    Don't let it get you down, you can take it
    And if they shout
    Don't let them change a thing what you're doing
    Hold your head up, hold your head high
    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should take the initiative and talk to her face to face. there's an obvious communication problem here. texting her back won't help either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. stay strong guy. i know u can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you sort it out, P. Happy weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well G, trouble in the nest eh?

    When the family tree falls, we all need a friend to lead us out of the woods... or into them.

    XOXO
    K

    ReplyDelete
  8. *Mu[g]en - I just hope that that's the real situation.

    *Nimmy - haaaay to the nth power. :)

    *Eternal Wanderer - it not only takes a lot of pride but a lot of courage to swallow. Wait, are we talking about the same thing? Hahahaha!

    *orallyours - yes, thanks. I will dude, I will.

    *soltero - it definitely won't so it's pointless to argue through text. Talking person to person is the best way to go although it's hard, really.

    *Jaytee - for that is the only wonderful emotion I can do for now, staying and hoping to be strong.

    *Carrie - we will Carrie it's all a matter of when. Happy weekend! Soju party!!!

    *Kane - you know what I've realized after all these years? It's thatI never really had someone to talk to in the first place aside from you guys. I appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmmnn ang hirap magcomment...

    hug na lang kita
    (((((Guyrony)))))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think parents are sometimes a pain like that. Though most of the time they are wrong, they wouldn't slide back and admit it. Us kids just have to take everything with a grain of salt, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is yet of my little understanding. But thanks for sharing your thought on this one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts