Ever, Ever After...

September 29th, Tuesday evening, J and D conversing in a coffee shop in Quezon City.

J: How are you doing?
D: I'm doing great, I might be going out of the country very soon.
J: For how long?
D: It's work-related so I can't say the duration...
J: That's nice to hear. Hope you have a safe trip and pasalubong ha! I will make you go back there if you forget!

Both guys chuckled.

J: How is P doing?
D: I guess he's good, still looking for work.
J: Just a random question...
D: Sige lang, shoot...
J: You guys getting affectionate?
D: Yes.
J: How about getting intimate?
D: Yes.
J: Then are you guys dating?
D: From what I know, we're not really dating, we're more of companionship. He knows that. I think he knows that.
J: D, just to give you a heads up, don't get too much intimate, it could get ugly for both of you.
D: Thanks for the advice, I'll keep that in mind.

They went back to the crowd in the shop.

Nearly four weeks before that incident on a Monday afternoon, my bf and I broke up for more than a year of being committed, the break-up was heart-wrenching and tear-jerking but I told him it was for the best and he took it like a man. He obliged. After that incident, my mind and heart became stuporous that it was better for me to be in a deep coma rather than trying to cling to life everyday.

Saturday came, I attended to a party of a newly-found friend, it was a very awkward party and intimidating too, the reason for that is because of new people, new faces, ergo, new rapport and interaction-building. People were coming in and out of the suite so I just didn't give a damn knowing those people. What is important and my mind set that night was for me to SURVIVE without embarrassing myself. Period. But, amidst those people, gallivanting, chatting, arriving and leaving was an unfamiliar face which I must say, am initially smitten. He doesn't have that same AXE effect if ever Trishan Cuaso or Luke Jickain entered the room but I was in a weird way, similarly taken aback. He glided past the crowd and went straight to the celebrant and shook hands ten decided tp hang-out with his peers. "Looks like he's a good friend of the Birthday Boy M," I told myself while I catch a glimpse of him. I know, I know it's quite stalking but every minute I take a quick look at him, his smile is a natural knee-shaker. Knowing that he's still in the party makes me a bit happy and flirty (bad). Later on that night while me and my newly-found acquaintances were gonna satisfy our hunger through rummaging in the kitchen, he, out of the blue, introduced himself with bravado and confidence: "Hi, my name is D, and you guys are?"

"I'm A," said my soft-spoken acquaintance.
"I'm I," said my loudmouth acquaintance.
"I'm K," said my shy and timid acquaintance
"And you are?" He asked me, but, being the most poised among them I said "I'm P but I can't shake my hands with you yet cause my hands are wet." After that little encounter I suddenly said at the back of my head, way to go Romeo.

The night turned to late night to early morning, the party people dwindled until only 15 were left, I think 3 of them went to sleep. He was still there and, of course, I wouldn't leave without knowing him better...

Part 1

Comments

Popular Posts