Playlist: Emo Sh**

I love music. I think it's one of the things that keep me distracted from over-thinking and over-analyzing things and situations.


Anyway, as much as I love Pop, House and Techno, I also love emo songs - a music genre which makes the heart bleed to death, if it were afflicted by a disease er, or sorta like that.


So here's my Top Five Songs I listen when I want to feel um, different.


5. Cry Me A River - a not so recent song from Justin Timberlake. Very controversial too, people claiming that it was for Britney Spears. Hehe. I thought of What Goes Around Comes Around  but this song is just much, much better. Ah, the song just emanates 'I'm a bastard now you bee-atch! I gave you everything but what did you do? Huh?' Nice. I just love how bitter it turned out. Hahaha! 


4. Grenade - song by famous Singer-songwriter Bruno Mars. It's the latest song that's hitting the airwaves nowadays. It tells about sacrificing oneself for the significant other but after all the sacrifice and the giving, the other half just feels nothing, or maybe neutral. But come on, baby I'll catch a grenade for you? WTF! Martyr much?! GomBurZa reincarnated isdatchu?


3. White Horse - blame it on Taylor Swift for bringing this music to life. The deception, the lies, ah, such is the world of love. But don't take it from me, after all, I barely know how to keep a relationship growing.


"But it's too late for you and your white horse to catch me now..."


2. Broken-hearted Girl - I forgot when I first heard the song but I know it moved me...it's all about trying a person'a best to move on but cannot. Sure it's dysfunctional but hey, who are we to judge how deep what they had? One of the most number of times I have listened in my Ipod. I know, because I can relate!!! 


Wahahahahaha!


1. Who Knew - Pink? Who would have thought that she actually produces songs like these when most of her songs are so down-right funny and hilarious to a slapstick comedy level but she did, and boy she got me on this one. The song asks - Why'd you leave me all of a sudden?


The clincher of this song is the bridge. It's a tear-jerking moment from there. Cool eh?


I don't listen to these songs often but when I do, expect me to be really quiet, eyes closed, and mind in wander. I don't mind. They are nice songs and besides, we all have our set of emo songs in our music players, right?


I dare anyone who doesn't!


Sometimes it just feels good to cry even if you don't want to. That's the beauty of these songs. They make you emote. Duh...


Sheeeeesh who am I kidding!


These songs are perfect for a suicidal, broken-hearted fool who gave everything but got nothing! Indulge!

Comments

  1. cry me a river and what goes around comes around's always in my playlist. sarap pakinggan lalo na pag nasa byahe at nageemo at titingin sa labas ng bintana. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. As of now my most favorite songs are My Immortal, Thinking of You, Just the Way You Are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha akala ko emo songs talaga like screamos. yung mga nasigaw.LOL

    nice yung mga songs na nilagay mo.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. If someone said three years from now
    You'd be long gone
    I'd stand up and punch them out
    Cause they're all wrong and
    That last kiss
    I'll cherish
    Until we meet again
    And time makes
    It harder
    I wish I could remember


    This song makes me sad. Tumaas ng husto ang respeto ko kay Pink as an artist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. listen to Talking To The Moon by Bruno Mars. ewan ko lang kung hindi ka ma-emo. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I listened to White Horse A LOT the past few nmonths. Hahaha. It was a big help. Hohoho

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just read Mugen's comment.

    Ako din. After hearing Who Knew naappreciate ko na sa Pink as an artist and not just another singer/rock star.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Padagdag lang ng emo/senti songs sa playlist ko :)

    Chasing Pavements - Adele
    Cannonball - Damien Rice
    The Scientist - Coldplay

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ako naman Just the way you are and Im Yours ng The Script ang mga favorites ko :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suicidal ba kamo? Try these:

    Wag Ka Nang Umiyak - Sugarfree (discovered this through McVie's podbean)
    Shattered - Trading Yesterday
    Diamond Crevasse - May'n (Japanese, but when you get to learn the meaning of the song, ouch)

    @Kyle: Uy, masaya naman ang screamer songs ah. Gives you the willpower to just scream your lungs out, especially kapag hawak mo na ang blade over your wrist. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yey for Grenade! I'll add Only One by Yellowcard - sarap kantahin kasi pasigaw lng... And cheers to suicidal fools who gives their all and get nada in return - its about giving naman talaga db? Hahaha - spoken like a true martyr. ;p

    PS: Find Joseph Vincent's version of grenade sa youtube, really good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Natuwa ako sa Who Knew. There is a club mix of the song and there was a time I kept on listening to it again and again.

    I have a fondness for fast beat songs but the lyrics are sad. I like the irony in it.

    Kane

    ReplyDelete
  13. *my-so-called-Quest - yes! Yes! Yes! Emo mode with a hint of bitterness. The best!

    *Will - thinking of you! Super like! Although it's really more of a tragedy than breaking-up but yeah, definitely on my playlist too.

    *Kyle - oh dude, I don't scream. Only at the right moment/s. ;)

    *Mu[g]en - I had always been fond of her since she sang Just Like A Pill but this song - Who Knew - just made me see her as a versatile and great artist.

    *Nimmy - oh really? I will download that since you recommend it. :)

    *Pipo - hey hey hey! Look what the cat dragged in. Hahaha! White Horse is hands down my ultimate TS song even though I like You Belong With Me. Have you heard Pink's song? You should, it's great. I assure you.

    *nOx - haven't heard these yet, I'll try to download them too. Thank you!

    *Mr. Chan - I'm Yours by The Script, always a great song to listen to and Breakeven too!

    *Rei Mikazuki - the first song is one of the best Pinoy Emo song I can think of. Of course I can relate to that again. Hahaha! As always...

    *kaloy - will look for the one you mentioned with Joseph Vincent.

    *Kane - well they do connote something of in between. Either you dance through it or you cry or maybe both. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts