Of Discovery, Discovering and Discover

Ding!


The elevator door opened and out I proceeded with much haste. Room ***. Hmmm...the directions told me to go left, so I walked and after a while I looked at the room number and heard people making such ruckus. It was music to my ears and I was finally ready for the party. For real!


Discovering the first house party that I went to, it was instantaneous that I got hooked from it, if ever it were drugs then call me an addict.


Okay, so that was a complete exaggeration but I'm not kidding when I say that I love to go to house parties, better than clubbing.


I knocked three times on the door and waited for a few seconds. No one answered. I knocked for the second time and still no one answered. I knocked furiously for the third time and finally, the door was unlocked and I glided by waving to people I know, I barely know, or, I don't know at all. It's rapport-building 101 where you meet and greet people and then you choose who you want to mingle. As for me and my experiences, I prefer to roam around. I do enjoy talking to people and besides, I've already met several of them a few days ago. It's not as if I need to be updated on their life. After all, everyone has some personal information no one needs to hear - or to put it in a better term, save it to themselves.


New guys always makes me giddy and excited more so if I get to interact with them. Heck, I'm no brainiac nor do I want to bore them with geeky, nerdy and politically-inclined topics but it's nice to know people who might share the same wave length. And no, I don't tell them that I'm a blogger and if they ask, I tell them I'm not. I'm that secretive or maybe I'm just in denial. Hahahaha!


Oooh, the spread was fantastic! From the Banapple Bannoffee Pie (which I instantly noticed) to Pancit Lucban (which I love, love, love) to roasted chicken to Amber's pichi-pichi, it was a dieter's worst enemy but a binge-eater's best friend. The interaction with people was nice but I need nourishment so I ate. And man did I eat a lot.


But everyone who went there knows that the juiciest part was something inedible but tasty. ;)


At about 3am, someone knocked. We all thought it was another guest but apparently it was a bunch of hotel staff. They talked to one of the event-in-charge while we silently looked at them from outside the door.


"They're searching for gay guys and found you to be too overtly gay." I jokingly told my friend who was sitting next to me. We laughed but that moment was a serious matter for it involved a head count which may require us to shell out cash.


When the hotel staff finished the head count, they excused themselves and went down as if nothing happened, we all went back to our former partying mode but tried to lower our voices for some other checked-in guests might file a complaint, nevertheless, the party mode was back on. After several minutes, when I thought J and Dee were already on their way home, J came back and told us about the real situation: apparently, there were 53 of us left and they have this 1 am policy in which people inside the room numbering in more than six would be charged 1,800 pesos per head amounting to 97,000 pesos (so, two heads per person? Okay, that was a lame joke). I was shocked and some of us had the same reaction. Good thing J told the management that had we known that that's going to happen then we would definitely be hiking out way before 1 am. The hotel staff consulted their supervisor and gave us an hour to evacuate the whole premise. As promised, the moment J told us that, we were on our way towards the hotel's exit to plan where to eat breakfast.


"Now where shall we go?" I asked most of them while they're still realizing the situation earlier. We had poker faces at the wee hours of the morning. Imagine a group of gay guys hanging outside near El Paseo asking themselves what just happened and where to get some grub. It was hilarious in a politically incorrect term, not to mention situation.


Even though we were evicted because of the policy, it was still a great party and I truly enjoyed it with friends.


Something great, something interesting, something funny and something irksome to start the year 2011.






Part 2

Comments

  1. Guy, I was not there. I don't have any connection Migs and his friends yet. :)

    I'm glad you had fun though it was cut short. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. amber's pichi pichi! natakam naman ako bigla. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. *James - M.I. - well we are bloggers, we connect with each other. I'll introduce you to them some day if you want to.

    Right, Nimmy? ;)

    *Nimmy - and You weren't there because you're not invited? I heichu.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts