Of Discovery, Discovering and Discover

Saturday night.


As my feet quickly hopped onto the tarmac of Ortigas, I let out a deep breath while saying to myself: "This is it!" The traffic jam and the burst of people coming from inside Megamall did not stop me from hiking through the gargantuan infrastructure towards the exit where I need to walk through. Heading towards Saint Francis Square to make a short cut inside, perhaps, I suddenly realized that it was already closed and I can't enter through to cut my way towards Podium into ADB Avenue.


"Damn!" I voiced out my frustration amidst people walking on all corners of the street. Oh well, it was still a pretty cool night and I know it's well worth it. I smiled and walked towards the other side of the road going to ADB Avenue and as soon as I saw some employees walking from Podium, I made a left turn towards it and entered the posh mall with nonchalance but with stride and poise as if I bought something inside. I opened the glass door towards the exit and found myself walking towards the west - Discovery Suites. The cardio freak in me brisk walked not knowing where the place really is. All I know was that it's at ADB Avenue and near Holiday Inn.


Or so I thought.


Passing through Oakwood Residences made me feel queasy as if I made a wrong turn and yes, sweat - and lots of it - was already forming on my nape, my chest, my back and my legs. I love doing cardio but not too much because this was not the right time. I looked across Holiday Inn and realized that I have somehow already missed it.


"Sir, where is Discovery Suites?" I asked a security guard from a nearby condo.


"It's in front of Podium. From here walk towards the next street towards the east then make a left turn. The street is just after Oakwood." The guard patiently gave me instructions.


"Mother of all...!" I silently screamed in my head. Such a hassle. I just passed through that building!


With another deep breath, a sigh, and an optimism, I walked back towards where the guard told me to go. I literally looked like a foreigner in desperate need of a tour guide. Man, my internal GPS is still whacked and I badly need to get it fixed. As my perspiration increased and my breathing became heavier I came across The Malayan Plaza where a glint of hope deemed on me. I felt I was near. Walking straight towards Emerald Ave., I still can't find the place, though.


"Sir, where is Discovery Suites?" I asked another guard, now from La Isla Condominium.


"There, third building." He pointed near Malayan.


"Ahhh, thank you." I can not thank him enough. I walked towards the first, second and finally the third building.


Trudging my feet onto the front desk, I heard someone call my name from behind, it was an acquaintance of mine.


"Room ***, please." I told the front desk officer.


"Under what name, sir?" The officer smiled while she asked.


I told her the name and she ordered her co-staff to assist us to the elevator. While inside the elevator I felt relieved. 


Thank goodness for the power of interrogation. And the power of a fabulous party.






Part 1

Comments

  1. waaaah! ako din naligaw! badtrip naman kase yung building! ginagawa pala yung tapat! tapos ang parking! parang ahas lng ng katawan yung kasya! sa basement 3 pa ako pinapark! WTF! at ang masama pa dun, sinira nila or binitin ng hotel admin ang party! damn it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this Mig's party na tinutukoy ni McVie sa open letter nya? Just asking Guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Nimmy - IKR! But the mind is stronger than the body. Plus, cute boys! ;)

    So, did you tease him about that? Hehehe.

    *Justin - Boycott! Boycott! Boycott! 97k! WTF TO THE NTH LEVEL!

    *James - M.I. - yes it is. Were you able to join us?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts