Retribution: Afterwards

So now...


The cough and colds are gone after I disintegrated it into nothingness with two tablets of Loratadine.


The last recommendation form was faxed yesterday to the office of UST Graduate Studies.


The paranoid me will head towards DSWD on Monday to pass another application form.


The obsessive-compulsive jogger in me woke up early to have a great fun under the sun.


The great, no ailment weekend just started.


Ah, it is nice to be back on my feet after a slump.






On a telephone conversation last night with a friend:


K: Looks like someone just called it quits.


G: Who?


K: I'm pretty sure you know them...you even slept with one of them.


G: NOOO! Seriously?


K: Well, you didn't hear it from me. Has guilt taken over yet?


G: Hahahaha! No, not at all. What for? We did not do anything.


K: But that's not what I heard dear.


G: Looks like the whisperer just made you believe the fiction more.


K: Hahaha! But in any case, your sleep wouldn't be much more comfortable than this night.


G: Oh, please. I already took in medications to help me sleep with or without your breaking news. So, is there any reconciliation, maybe?


K: Well, there already had been a moving-out scene.


G: WHAT? That drastic?


K: Yes.


G: Oh well, that is life.


K: And what about you going to sleep? Isn't guilt eating you up yet.


G: Hahahaha! I have nothing to be guilty about in the first place.


K: Suit yourself, G.


G: Anyway K, keep me posted. I have to hit the sack now.


K: Alright dear, good night.


G: Bye and thanks for calling.


End of conversation.


And so a bond was broken between two lovers. Once tied of something momentous, surreal, genuine even. Now a thread is to be cut.



Comments

  1. god bless sa application mo sa grad school! :)

    good thing wala ka ng sakit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, your conscience is clear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good to hear you're feeling okay now.
    ugh! i need to jog na rin. where do you jog?
    and you have new music? thanks! hehehe

    and no signs of guilt talaga. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. umandar ang pagka-chismoso ko dun sa conversation

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahah ako din, same with orally bwahahha :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. *JP - hahaha! Thanks! Good thing I immediately drank medicine.

    *daredevilry - of course. Always. Well, almost always. :)

    *my-so-called-Quest - I jog at a cemetery. Seriously. It's peaceful and windy and calm.

    *orally - hehe. Don't we all love a good gossip?

    *soltero - can't think of anything, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. may part ka dun sa pagbreak nila?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't know, bro. All I know is that they broke up but here's the good news, they got back together before this weekend ended. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts