Halfway There

I was 17 when I came out for myself. I remember feeling elated after that realization. Heck, I wasn't even thinking of the consequences. What mattered most that time is that I am free.

And my freedom ended.

That's because I haven't come out, personally yet to my parents.

Yes, they're bigots so that is a major, a huge problem even.

I guess I want to come out to them face to face because I know I respect their decisions, I respect them raising me, I respect them providing opinions, I respect them giving solutions to family problems.

Positively. I came out to the world and the world embraced and accepted me for who I am. But not my parents yet. I don't expect them to understand my lifestyle and how I live my life. I just want them to know that by the time I out to them, they would still accept me as that little boy they had nourished and had known since conception.

But for now I give them the space they need not to know my sexuality. Or a more appropriate term, deny that they have a gay son.

True, you could say that coming out to yourself is the most wonderful feeling in the world! 

I got that!

I knew that!

I felt that!

However, being out to people you know you treasure can have the best of feelings. Even more than just accepting who you really are.


Because let's face it, no matter how proud we are as homosexuals, there would still be times of self-discrimination.

So for now, I'm getting there...

With a little optimism and a lot of luck.


And a whole lot of prayers as well.


And forgiveness.


And humility.








By the way, cheers to my first anniversary as a blogger and my 200th post as well!

Double celebration!!!

Yipee!!!


P.S. Oh yeah, thank you for taking the time to visit my page. Sixty-five people who read my blog. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.


Although sixty-nine would have suited better.


Hahahaha!


Lastly, credit goes to Philip Noyed for my new banner.


It's all good.

Comments

  1. cheers! congrats on reaching a year. here's to more of the same and sparks of something new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pareho tayo. But we'll get there. =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your first year.

    i have yet to come out to my parents, but i have a feeling they already know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! first year and with 200 posts! congrats indeed! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy First Year!!!! Congrats!
    More posts to come!


    Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It doesn't matter if you're out to your parents or not. It doesn't even matter if you're out at all. As long as you recognize your difference, your preference, eventually, finally, you will you will find peace within yourself.

    Happy Anniversary to your blog Kuya Pwpw!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! CHEERS!
    ganun talaga ang ibang parents in denial. intindihin na lang natin

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations Guyrony!
    .
    .
    what's admiring is you coming out to yourself. for me, that is the most important. coz u can fool your the world but never yourself.
    .
    .
    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. *daredevilry - thank you! Sparks of something new. Very well said.

    *Pipo - we sure will, sir. We sure will.

    *engel - oh, believe me they do. It's just a matter of time when you will formally tell them.

    *my-so-called-Quest - thanks! Let's keep blogging and jogging!

    *lee - yay! Hehe. Thank you. I appreciate your effort to read my humble blog. I read yours too! :)

    *soltero - if inspiration strikes, there definitely will be more posts!

    *Mu[g]en - the mere fact that I said it means it is important for me to accept me who I am. I am the type of person who needs validation internally and externally. Although, like what I said, in due time. If time permits. :)

    *orally - thanks to you!

    *imsonotconio - thanks dude! Hope you and your gf is doing well.

    *Desole Boy - that is admiring however it still is lacking but for now, I am proud. Not loud but proud. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. G,

    Why do I have a sneaky feeling you planned all this? That you orchestrated your post for that day to be your 200th?

    Nevertheless, congratulations are in order. You made ittttttttttttttttttttttt!

    I'm really happy we became friends, not just blogger friends. =)

    Kane

    ReplyDelete
  11. May you someday find the right amount of courage and the right timing to tell your parents.

    Happy blogversary (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  12. sweet little boy, how sure are you that your mom doesnt know?

    mmmm, no matter how hard you try to cover up your faggetry, im pretty sure your mom knows... she's just not talking to you about it...

    well, most geylet's moms know. im pretty sure they feel whats in your heart...

    anyway, lighten up. we all know truth is key to acceptance...

    unless your mom is the type who'd read the bible during breakfast and scares you with "you'll burn in hell"...

    im pretty sure she'll end up loving you even more. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. *Kane - didn't you get the memo? It's all about timing baby! Hahaha! I figured to time my first year anniversary to my 200th post to my (sorta) coming out entry. Cliche much? :)

    *Mr. Brightside - ooooh, thanks for the greet! Looking forward to your entries and hey, keep up the good work at work!

    *P - my Mom is the queen of denial to death. Hehe. But it's alright. Sometimes she gets on my nerve, most times she doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your second year and your first 200 posts. I shall be expecting more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just celebrated my first year Victor but thanks nevertheless. :) I'm looking forward to more and more of our posts. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nimmy!!! Suuuuper thanks for the greet! Hope to see you soon! Next time we party you make sure that the club can't handle us, okay!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts