Busted!

Sunday, December 20, 2009.


Recipes, Greenbelt, 20:00 Manila Time.


I came in with heavy breathing and an embarrassed look. I tried my best to hide my sweat and shame but alas, both are showing. 
Darn! I was really, really late for the meet-up and what's worse is that most of these people barely know me. I guess I made a bad impression that I'm almost always fashionably late.
I waved my hand across the people occupying the 2 sets of table and it's such a nice moment for me that while I was late for the meet-up, they were more than enough to greet me back.

I was late. And I, trying to save face, went from shy, timid, wallflower to a perky, enthusiastic, giddy person in a matter of seconds. I have to do it or else people will judge me immediately.

I wasn't really being a VIP. Earlier that day, the host e-mailed me about a get together and since I lost my phone and his contact number was there, I immediately sent a reply to his message that I badly need his contact again. I also texted a good friend of mine who also knows his number.

Several minutes has passed and still no reply from friend, I panicked because I really need the host's number. He just came from the US and it's a privilege to be spending a dinner meet-up with him and his friends.

I waited for nearly an hour...

My phone vibrated twice. I looked at the message. K texted me his number. Hooray! I'm saved! Now I can text him and go to his invitation! I thanked K and went on to text ,MGG the host.

P: Hey MGG! How are you doing? This is P, this will be my new permanent number, kindly save it OK! By the way, who are the people that will be there?

MGG: The usual fabcasters and some people. Hey P, change of plan, will eat dinner at Recipes first  then Red Box after. You coming?

P: Yep! Will definitely do! But is it OK if I just take a nap then just catch up with you guys?
MGG: No problem P, I'll just update you if there would be change of plans.
P: Thanks a lot. Thanks MGG.

I took a nap about 16:30 and set my alarm at 18:15.

I woke up looking really haggard and very drowsy still (narcolepsy, a pseudo-serious condition of mine since college years, hehe).

I looked at my phone- 18:15.

Shoot! I have to dress up and get myself ready.

And so I was so busy trying to look to the best that I could that I was like being Cinderella without a curfew. I got out of the house past 19:30 and I live in ParaƱaque. Of course I am definitely and absolutely fashionably late!

I flew from SM Makati to Glorietta to Landmark and finally to Recipes, Greenbelt. Whew!

I sat on the corner seat of the table, sat down next to a muscled up guy named B. I smiled at him and he reciprocated with a faint smirk.

J, from one of my earlier blogs told me that they ordered the food already and that I would just need to add a drink and rice if I want to. I told him that it's OK, I'm fine with what they ordered.

I viewed the people invited across the tables and I saw new faces. Definitely not the same group from his Birthday bash about 3 months ago.

I sat down and conversed with the people beside and in front of me, B and T. They were more than willing to strike up a conversation with me.

The viands came awaiting to be gobbled up by pseudo-diet mode gay guys. Some of them even ordered brown rice (or I think it's brown rice). Geez, gays and our need for external validation through physical perfectionism.

I thought to myself: these guys are mostly going to the gym so why not just order anything and just burn it off? Then it hit me, of course, I was like this before, I have eating problems and it took me a while to control it or at least to curb with my dysfunctional appetite.
Even if the food is great, we still found time to laugh out loud across the resto and just be ourselves. The funny thing is that I absolutely don't like being in scenes like this but hey, we're enjoying each other's company.

The meal ended with a smash and everyone is happy with the camaraderie, mocks, insults and what have you. After leaving the resto, I thought we'd be going to Red Box for some videoke fun but it turns out that these guys were just planning to go to a coffee shop and chill. I don't mind and personally, I would rather spend my time in a coffee shop. I find it a haven to just be in a setting where it's you and your coffee. You block out external inhibitions and intimidations.

We directly headed to UCC Park Cafe which is a stroll away from Greenbelt. The ambiance is nice and very comforting, couple that with a cup of coffee and a slice of Apple Pie ala mode and heaven is just a sip and morsel away.

Thirteen guys around a couple of tables, mixing each others' personalities and perceptions about lives' ho-hums and anything under the sun. I wouldn't even call it an intellectual conversation but the informality of the meet-up just makes it more exciting and lively.
There were guys of still about to come out, guys who went out younger than I did, guys who haven't had any relationships yet, guys who went out at a ripe age, guys who just don't care whether they come out or not, guys who came out but lacks experience, guys who haven't come out yet is full of experiences. The diversity and conglomeration is more than a welcome for me. As I've told some people before, this is a new thing for me, I have gay guy friends but not the actual peers so meeting up people and bonding with them, hoping to make something out of the time is pleasurable and exciting and enticing. :)
All the while, I was thinking that people wouldn't know my past (which is 3 months ago), D, who has been part of this blog and one of the reasons why this blog was established wouldn't come out of any topic.

Unfortunately, I was wrong! Two of his acquaintances were asking what happened, apparently, they read this blog which is suppose to be a SECRET. D, told them of this URL. A thing that I couldn't understand. I told him of this blog thinking that hey, he looks like a person who could keep secrets but, wrong again. When will P ever learn??? Anyway, the story is already laid out, from the setting, the people involved, the happening, the experience, all told, all narrated, all typed and blogged to have my peace of mind.

On the other end of the note, I am particularly happy because they took the time to read even though one of them told me that he had a hard time reading the print (ahem, sorry!).

My blog was revealed even though I had no intentions to do it. I do comments on other blogs that I follow but it doesn't mean I have to reveal myself but it was already revealed. Something that I could have kept mum since the start of my postings.

I'm happy it turned out this way, at least, I don't have to explain to them, nor does he.

And by the way, his date is so much good-looking than I am. I wish them both the best!

The day ended with us having to go to North Park in Kalayaan because some of these guys are still hungry from eating so little from Recipes. Guys will be guys! Hehehe.

The company was great, the conversations greater and the personalities, the greatest.




















Comments

Popular Posts