When Truth Be Told

I had just lost my phone nearly a week ago and I chanced upon JP being online on Monday morning so I decided to give him my new number, and maybe catch up with him.

 JP is one of my closest, quirkiest, wittiest friends I have. I met him through a party last 2009 and we have been in touch ever since.


I recently heard he was dating another guy after his break-up from JB.

"JP, I didn't know who H was!" I typed in a typical excited tone.


"Have I met him?"

"I seriously don't know you were already dating someone!"

My messages were in quick succession. 


"G, H was the one who was in front of the car when we went home in Paranaque!"

Oh damn! Seriously? I was that drunk to not have recognized the guy? Next time G, know your limits.

Anyway, we were still chatting and like all volley of conversations, he chanced upon me and my idea of an open relationship.

"Is it you or him that wanted one?"

"I actually proposed that but he made it clear how he just wants us to be us."
 
"G, are you his first?" JP asked.


"Yes and he's my nth time." I replied.

"I see. Maybe that is why he doesn't want it to be open."


"You know G, I could never see myself as that person."

"Yeah, I could sense that. Even with you and JB still together." I told him.


"I could never see myself as being in an open one because I just can't seem to think how I would be able to adjust to that set-up. If I have someone, I give him my all. Not a part, the whole of what I can offer."

"Plus...plus there is such complexity of it all and add to that the clarity of expectations."


There, there it is. A phrase I wasn't expecting.

Clarity of expectations.


And you know what, he is absolutely correct. Open relationships must be clearly, rigidly, strictly defined. 

This is one set-up where everything from impossible can be possible. A strings-no strings attachment of dilemma.

And ultimately crack open a once healthy relationship just because.

So just because you get bored with your relationship it does not mean it is meant to be open. Relationships aren't always on a drug-induced, all-time high - it also has its lows.


It's all a matter of how the two can work it out to let the spark keep sparking.

You may get it from other men but that would just be rude. Or just indecent.

"Well anyway JP, I have got to go. Keep me posted and I will see you soon."


And finally I signed out of yahoomail and closed the window.

Comments

  1. And finally I signed out of yahoomail and closed the window...

    but you haven't deleted your Grindr app right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, ikaw na ang umo-open relationship.

    Seriously Kuya Pawpaw, I would rather set myself free than to be with someone I can't be exclusively.

    You can't have a cake and grab another one who is meant for another. Impatso abot ng tiyan mo niyan. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is it that a friend told me about "yuenchi?"
    .
    .
    "F*ck it, its ride all you can baby. No worries!"
    .
    .
    And so we live by that great philosophy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess this issue is something that really preoccupies you; not just a passing thought or an idyllic notion.

    I hope you find some form of resolution soon, G. =)

    Hugss.

    Kane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow, this reminded me of Nicole Scherzinger's You Will Be Loved, Kuya G. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. *bien - forced to good. My phone got stolen hence no more Grindr. :)

    *Mugen - as you know I am in that phase where everything can be possible, trying out waters, knee high or higher. But the option is still just there.

    *Desole Boy - we worry when there is something wrong that might happen, yes.

    *Kane - heaven forbid, idyllic? No, it is of much seriousness. However, the question remains - am I that type who will?

    *Spiral Prince - I am not aware of that song. Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts