Personal Philosophy

"You seem to move on real easily, G." JG said in his text message.


"I am that person, someone where moving on is inevitable, a loss is a loss, yes, but that doesn't mean I have to dwell on them." I replied.


"But I seem to sense you move on faster, you let go things too easily."


"Well because I know I need to. Moving on doesn't have to wait long, so should I be."

"It doesn't bother you then?"



"You know I have asked myself that question too many times. It used to bother me, it bothered me a lot. Where the last time I was totally rejected, I cried for a year, I sobbed for nearly a year, and now I am okay."


"Life is like that you know, maturity comes at the worst of times because it has to be that way, you need to learn from it, or else..."


"Or else what?" He inquired.


"Or else you'll be stuck in regression - a time when happy thoughts of you and that someone special used to share will be engraved, and you reminisce that time, and you tell yourself it's over but at the same time you also tell yourself that there may be hope. A conflict arises for the nth time."


"Well JG, I have got to sleep. We will talk soon."


And with that I flipped my phone over and tucked myself to sleep.


They say moving on is hard, and you know what, they are right. No one moves easily from a break-up, let alone a bad one. But one has to. That is how life works.


I used to be this idealistic guy who tells himself every now and then that I am their loss, that they must have been really stupid to let go of me and go off with another man.


But I was just being delusional.


So in increments, in small steps, I am rediscovering who I really am when handling these situations. I have learned to let go faster than I had to because holding on to such memories can just be a wretch. I have learned that at some point in our lives, there was beauty in that feeling of such bliss. I have learned that we need not be okay at first but will need to be, soon.


It always has to be that way.

Comments

  1. someone told me before that it doesn't matter how long or how quick you fall out from someone and let them go. the important thing is you learn something from it and move forward with your life.

    maybe, we're not really their loss and them not really stupid but this is more of understanding that some things are not really meant to be.

    base from experience, handle these things professionally.

    i like this post G! hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part of our being human is committing mistakes. And through learning, we make that mistakes as lessons. Life has its own mysteries that can only be revealed if we are determined to embrace them with all our hearts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts