Playlist: Club Diversity

Most people I know avert from club music. They don'y understand it at all. The beat. The rhythm. The lyrics. They think it's a waste of time to listen to any of them.


I have always appreciated musical genre. From the first time I have heard Benny Benassi's - Satisfaction and for the times I have listened to my cousin's compiled CDs. I have since been hooked.


This music helped me. Soothed my young adult rage and supported me to cope up in various experiences.


Listening became like a sanctuary, a place where I just close my eyes and let my mind take me to where it may take me.


To the vastness of what I can imagine plus the euphoria it brings.


1. Dove by Moony. The first time I have heard this one I was hooked. The beat is catchy. A classic that I still play even with the wave of new songs.


2. Pink Life by Gyskard. First time I heard this in the now defunct Fluid Bar. This song not only brings me back to my early years of going to Malate but also of the people I have met there. A very memorable song indeed.


3. Selfish by Sunset Daze. Initially I wasn't really into this song primarily because it doesn't have that upbeat uproar like most songs in this genre but the more that I listened to this, the more I loved the song and the lyrics are pretty cool too. Although it's really more of a chill-out-after-dance song.


4. Papi Chulo by Lorna. This song made me return every consecutive weekend to Malate.


5. Fashionista by Jimmy James. Come on! Do you really think I'd forget this one? Where it took me approximately a month to memorize the lyrics? Never. This song remains as one of my most listened to even in the MRT while I silently lip sync the designers.


"D&G and BCBG, looking good is never easy, Alexander Herchcovich, Naomi Campbell's such a bit**!" 


6. Absolutely Not by Deborah Cox. I fell in love with this song. The kicka** attitude. How the fast-paced tempo just twirls around the melody.


"I won't compromise my point of view, absolutely not, absolutely not."


I would never do.


7. Man in the Mirror club mix by Hed Kandi. This song is the bomb! I got hooked to this instantly the moment my ears heard it. What's funny is that I heard this one before Michael Jackson's original version but what the heck, I still love this.


8. Shining Star by Get Far. I searched for months just knowing who made this song. This was the coolest song in Malate last 2006. By the time I have found this song in Limewire, the song was already considered prehistoric.


9. I Just Wanna Fu**ing Dance by Jerry Springer The Musical. This is the song that made me cherish my club years of yore. Like the last song, this too had been in my Most Wanted List for the longest time, longer than Shining Star actually mainly because I don't have an idea of the title. I mean come on, who would name the song I Just Wanna Fu**ing Dance? Well, it seems someone brilliantly did and it is pretty wicked.


Aren't we all? :)


10. Ever After by Bonnie Bailey. Hands down, this is still what tops my list of club music. The groove, the rhythm, the way the song makes me feel good inside and out. This is just so awesome in so many different levels.


I wonder how people can not appreciate songs like these? True, some of them might not have the most decent lyrics nor the best of inspirations but this genre has so much potential in giving a person not just some stress-less enjoyment but also listen past into the nature of the songs and appreciate it as an art.


Albeit done in a crammed, humid, different yet ironically comforting place in what we fondly call a club.

Comments

  1. Kuya PawPaw! You're a child of BED!

    Hahahahahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bakit naligaw dito ang ever after?

    actually, yun at fashionista lang ang alam ko dito. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Di ako makarelate. Parehas kayo ni papa Mugs ng trip yata.

    Thanks pala sa comment sa entry ko. Malaking bagay yun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Desperate Houseboy - you are welcome. I don't think comments such as "it will be alright" or "you can do it" are comforting. I digress the idea. So I know how you feel. People aren't replaceable in most cases.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice list! "Papi Chulo" by Lorna is the only one that I don't know.

    Among the songs in your list, it was "Pink Life" that had me search the title and artist for the longest back in 2005.

    And why isn't "Rise" by Samantha James on there?! :-p

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know at least half in that list. Ang thunders ko na haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. staples ko rin ang mga ito nung kabataan ko (i mean namin ni Orally LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  8. *Mu[g]en - I wish!!! Naaah, I am a Malate wanderer.

    *Nishiboy - because it is club music and I love it!

    *Vince - uh, I don't like the song by Samantha James. Hehe.

    *orally - so what songs do you know from the list?

    *MkSurf8 - hahaha. How young are you guys anyway? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts