Of A Certain Uncertainty

"James, are you and your partner still together?"

I immediately sent a Facebook message even though it was 1AM in the morning.


And even though the text might be blunt, I did not care. All I know is that my friend has to know the truth.


"Yes. We are still together." James finally replied around 5 in the morning. "Why?" He asked.


"He's going to meet someone on Sunday." I told him.


"How'd you know, G?"


"He's my officemate."


"Oh..." James was still composing his thoughts. "Well that figures because we only see each other on Saturdays." He added.


"But we can't jump into conclusions yet, okay? Let me do more research. The guy might be a poser for all we know. All I know right now is that his WeChat name is ***."


But I know James was feeling uneasy already.


"So let me check with my officemate where he is located and finally his number, just so I can confirm. But I will have to update you about Friday night."


"Okay, G."


"No problem."


"And G?"


"Yes James?"


"Thanks."


"What for?"


"For telling me this..."


"No problem James. :)"


"This will be your birthday gift to me."


"James, I don't want my gift for you to be like this."


"It's okay, G, at least the deceit is gone."


And right then and there, I know how James must have been feeling: in confusion.


"Hey Paul, is it okay if I obtain his number?" I messaged him through Viber when I got home.


"Sure thing but he has not given it to me yet." Paul said. "Update you later."


"Thanks."




Friday night.


I approached Paul in their Production Area even though he was busy with work. "This is it." I told myself.


"Were you able to get his number?" I tapped Paul on his shoulder.


"Yes, but I will give it to you shortly as my phone is in my locker."


"Okay. Thanks."


I waited in the pantry because I know he will be having lunch soon. And I was right, he came in with his phone. Paul gave it to me.


And now all I need to do is send it to James and fit the missing piece of the puzzle.


"Hey James, you're probably sleeping as of this time. Anyway, here is his number: 09***"


Sent.


"Yup. That's his alright."


James finally messaged me again about 5 in the morning.


"I am sorry, James."


"No, it's okay G. I figured something was weird when we stopped seeing each other since our last monthly anniversary." James was starting to narrate of the events that led to this:


Prior to that, they barely saw each other and the partner was always telling him that he has to go somewhere. James understood because he knows his partner, if his partner goes out, he usually posts it through Facebook but lately, there has been no posts.


"And you didn't question that, James?"


"No. Because he always tells me where and I just have to respect that. I believed in him."





"There will never be an appropriate response for uncertainty." - Anonymous



They broke up Saturday night.

Part 3


Comments

  1. OH MY GOD!

    Pareong pareho talaga simula dun sa every saturday lang nagkikita, hanggang sa hindi na halos nagkikita pati yung pag umaalis siya lagi ok naman samin kasi nag po-post nga naman ng pics sa fb minsan nga sinesend pa sakin sa Wechat may time pa nga na video ang sinend eh, pero dumating din sa point na hindi na kami nagkikita lagi siyang may lakad. Parehong pareho din kami ni James na hindi nagtatanong or nag uusisa.

    Ganitong ganito din kami... minus the part that somebody told me he was seeing someone. Ako mismo nakahuli.

    Haaaaay! Masakit talaga yan. Yung pakiramdam ng na betray. Yung pakiramdam na nadaya ka. Yung sakabila ng kabutihan at trust na binigay mo sa kanya, naloko ka pa din. At kahit nahuli mo siya hindi mo magawang magalit sa kanya ni hindi mo masigawan (kung ibang tao yun, ewan ko na lang) maiiyak ka na lang

    Sorry, nanumbalik sakin lahat eh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boom. What can be done..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts