Of A Certain Uncertainty

James and I met through Grindr. He is a kind-hearted man with a very good disposition too. He laughs a lot, even at my superficial jokes. He is very friendly as well. We did not have a hard time getting along with each other. He's one of the nicest people I know.

But he's jaded when it comes to love.

He told me that while we were hanging outside a Starbucks store in Paranaque. And while I was curious to ponder and probe, I respected his decision not to open it up.

A few months later I see him in Facebook. Oh that wonderful world of Facebook where you see your friends and their activities! And I see his photos always with a smile, a genuine blooming smile.

James was in love. And there it is, after years of searching, he finally met his man, the prince in his shining armor. And almost instantly I see pictures of them together: get-together reunions, friends reunions and even weddings.

Weddings. Where a man and woman unite to become one. Where people flock around the altar to respect the sanctity of everlasting commitment.

When you bring your partner to a wedding whether it be a friend's or a relative's wedding, I see it as coming to terms with yourself: your sexuality, your preference, your life moving forward, your life with the man whom you went with.

I could not believe it! The man who told me he was jaded, awfully jaded, was finally in the arms of someone he loves dearly.

I looked at their pictures, James was so happy. They were happy. And I, too, felt genuinely happy for them plus a deeper respect for James.




Thursday night in the office.

"G, I'm going to show you a guy who has been going to my place recently." Paul, my gay friend told me while they were having lunch at the pantry.

I felt his excitement. He was exuding arrogance at that time.

Paul is a recent PR and Grindr fan. When you have unli-data on your phone, you're bound to be connected...always.

"Go!" I told my officemate.

He showed me a guy, a really cute guy with an average body but with a killer smile.

"He's cute!" I blurted out.

"I knoooow!" He proudly boasted. "And the best part is that he went to my place twice. And with lights turned on!" He joked.

We laughed instantly.

"But I have to show you someone else, the one I'll be meeting on Sunday." He boastfully told me.

Paul opened his WeChat and showed me the picture.

He handed me his phone.

I looked at the picture.

I know the guy.



Part 1

Comments

  1. I still don't get it why some men don't settle for one, when one person, in one's life would suffice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh*

    I don't kung tama ang hinala ko sa mangyayari pero... love is really unfair! Kung sino pa yung mga taong tapat at tunay na magmahal sila pa yung niloloko at iniiwan. At kung sino pa yung nanloko siya pa yung makikipag break. Pagkatapos ano? Iiwanan niya yung naging tapat na miserable habang siyan masyang masaya dahil malaya na?! Nakakainis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hayyy... parang malungkot ang kwentong ito. :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts