Of Permanence and Pertinence

Everything is temporary...


A friend told me this when we had a serious talk about loving, being loved, being unloved and everything else amongst the three.


And I sighed.


I would not argue. I refuse to.


But you see I grew up with books and movies about eternity and forever. I know it may not be much but I treasure the fact that I did think that forevers are true. They could be for all I know.


Then somehow it changed.


I changed.


Past lovers of mine had changed.


People around me changed.


When viewpoints and perspectives brought about by experiences happened, suddenly everything went blur from there.


At the back of my mind I was thinking if permanence is untrue then what are people looking for?


Long-lasting love? 


But long-lasting is subjective.


And people, well people actually want to hear the words "I will love you forever" than "I will love you long".


And if everything is temporary, why bother pursuing?


Does that mean ever afters are non-existent?

Does that mean that when you finally find someone that you were searching for for years, he could still go away, or you could still go away?

Then that is heart-wrenching.

As for me, do I still believe in ever afters?

Well, I have to find Prince Charming first don't I?

Comments

  1. yes i agree.

    pero it's on you both how you will continue the journey. masaya at masarap isiping may forever but of course, it will not happen. kahit magkasama na kayo habang buhay, still you'll not be forever. literally, death comes.

    but then ang mahalaga dun ay nagkasama kayo hangga't nabubuhay kayo at kasama ang mga masasayang memories ninyong dalawa.

    commitment is the key. halos lahat kasi nandoon na ang sangkap. it's a tie between you and your partner. if it doesn't exist then it will not last. you do it because you accept and understand your partner.

    commitment will be your forever test habang kayo ay nagsasama.

    kaya sige, hanap ng taong di ka lang mamahalin kundi handang pumasok sa isang commitment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. People will deny it, but all we searched in our lives our moments

    We could someday remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sabi nga, you will have to kiss many palangka before you meet your prince. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thing is, in fairy tales, the Prince Charming looks for the damsel in distress... so wait dear damsel - he will eventually come (unless of course we reverse the roles and you be the Prince... hehehe) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nanjan lang yan sa tabi-tabi :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. i used to believe the same thing too. that forevers do exist and its for everyone. until...

    we do change

    perspective changes after some of our experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's the point in falling in love if you don't expect it to last forever?

    ReplyDelete
  8. nothing is permanent in this world...only change is...but then it is how we ride on with these changes that count most...

    ReplyDelete
  9. *Kyle - commitment is nevertheless the main ingredient. Thanks.

    *Mu[g]en - that is true. Our stories after every end of the day are what we can hold on to. What about senile dementia??? Hehe. Kidding.

    *daredevilry - well, you know I just don't kiss... ;)

    *kaloy - how about if we're both damsels in distress?!

    *Seth - I agree too!

    *Mr. Chan - I really hope so... thank you.

    *my-so-called-Quest - well join the bandwagon then!!!

    *Nishiboy - that answer is for you to find out for yourself because I for sure can not give you a valid answer.

    *Mr. G - I know...feelings, states of the mind and everything else.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts