The Intensity of Loving

"Why did you still accept him after all that he has done. Isn't it enough for you to realize that what he did was wrong and worse, he might do it again." I asked my friend one day over the phone.


We were talking about his ex, the ex who made his heart bleed and cry. His ex who he knew had a very active alternative lifestyle. He was devastated, utterly devastated. 


But he stayed.


"Because G, I love him." He replied with much sincerity and honesty.


I kept silent for nearly a minute.


I fathomed what he said.


I reasoned out with myself.


But still I could not understand at that time.


He cheated. Made a fool out of my friend. Slept with other guys. And my friend accepted him back.


Sometimes we find ourselves into predicaments we never would want to experience but when we do it's a life changing experience. It may not be the best that we had hoped for nor is it the most pleasurable we had to undertake but it did happen. That's all there is.


But love really is a wondrous albeit complicated feeling. No matter what the person did, no matter what his past holds of him, no matter what he went through. There will always be part of you that will be saying...


"Go on, it will be worth a try, again."


And now I finally understood why.

Comments

  1. Spent 5 years telling myself that it's still worth it. 2 years of singlehood, only now I'm beginning to recover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being in love is like being OC. o.o

    ReplyDelete
  3. nalungkot ako for your friend....

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's not a matter of loving, it's a matter of accepting that kind of behavior.

    come to think of it, acceptance is a form of lving, too, is it not? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cheating for me is unforgivable. well, it's a case to case basis but for me, it's the ultimate sin that you could ever commit to your partner :)

    moving on is very hard. but it will all be worth it at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "And now I finally understood why." - niloko ka rin, friend?

    ReplyDelete
  7. i agree with mr. chan. i can forgive you when you get wrong but please dont include cheating on your list...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts