Missed Opportunities

"I'm sorry but I am not the man you used to know before."

Darwin and I were talking alongside each other on his bed.

"For years, G, I have liked this guy for years." He narrated it without hesitation.

"Yes we've had s*x but that was not why I tried to pursue him." He slowly looked at the ceiling.

I followed looking up as well. "So what happened?" I asked.

"I guess luck just was not on our side. I want to think it that way. The cut is shallower." He continued. "Every time he has a partner, I would be single. Every time I would have a partner, he would be single."

"I see, Darwin." I looked at him, just slightly moving my neck.

"I loved his company. I loved our conversations. We clicked. Yeah. I think that's the best word to describe it."

"Did you ever tell him how you feel?"

"I did. A thousand times. I could not forget. I like him. A lot."

"And?"

"I was rejected. A thousand times too." Darwin laughed. It was empty. Like that of a void he wanted to fill up but could not.

"Then, finally, for years...we were both single! I could not believe it, G. He was ready for a commitment. That was the time."

"But I told him I do not believe in commitments anymore. For a while now. But I left my heart to him. I am happy I did."

We are beings of chances. The more, the merrier they say. And so we forget to take risks because we are comfortable of where we are. In the end, we let chance get the best of us. Or the worst.

Comments

  1. And it sad really - for us - who are chasing the last trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been running around in circles with this guy for several years now. One day he likes me, the next day he doesn't. One minute he wants a commitment, the next minute, he doesn't. And I'm like that with him, too. Gulo no? Hindi magtagpo :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts