Of Saints and Sinners

It was a cold Sunday night...
 
"I found out two months after being committed. His wife just gave birth to his second child. A boy."
 
Michael, a new acquaintance, narrating his story. We all listened intently.
 
"And what did you do?" I quickly asked.
 
"I was in love. What can I do?" He replied.
 
"But he has wife and kids." I rebutted.
 
"That, that I accepted." He calmly said.
 
"Where'd you guys meet anyway?"
 
"We were working for a video store back then. Although he was working at a different branch. I didn't know he was like us, not only when I came back from my two-month vacation from Macau." He continued. "I told you guys, I was in love with him. He was sweet and nice and kind-hearted."
 
"How'd you guys find time for each other? I mean, isn't it hard competing for his time?"
 
"That was actually not a problem. We even saw each other daily. From 6pm to 9pm. He was mine. All mine. We were even legal in my family's eyes. Spending every time we can in my room."
 
"But in his side?"
 
"That's the thing, G. He introduced me to his wife and kids as his best friend. I remembered I even took care of everything once...from cleaning the house, washing their clothes, taking care of their babies, taking care of his mom. G, I was there. That is how I love him."
 
I looked at him and his expression: his narration speaks of hurt and acceptance at the same time.
 
 
 
 
Part 1

Comments

  1. I was talking to a friend's friend last night, who has exactly the same plight. Since we were just introduced last night, I couldn't tell her outright that she deserves someone better, someone uncommitted. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish it is very simple to tell someone they worth much more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts