Of Cowardice

December 23rd

"So what now?" I texted him.

It has been days since we asked each other.

"I don't know G. I really don't."

"Can we talk about this Rob? I am sure we can settle something with talking to each other."

"I'm not sure. The family's busy. We have to prepare for tomorrow."

"I won't take a lot of your time Rob. I also have a family reunion to attend tomorrow too..."

"I'm not sure."

"Please."

"Okay."

"Can we meet after lunch?"

"Sure G."

"See you. Thanks."

And with that I was hopeful that we might be able to salvage something.



December 24th 

Optimistic. I think that was my word for the day. I was optimistic that everything will fall as planned: that I am not forcing him to enter into any commitment, that I am happy with how we are, that the moment now is perfect - no need for changes.

I got up early just so I could help my family with what needs to be done in the house. I was happy. I truly believed that day that we would be able to compromise on some things.

And I waited for his confirmation in the morning for us to talk...

And waited until nearly afternoon...

And waited in the afternoon before we head for the family reunion...

And I waited until night time.

And I received nothing.


December 25th

"I wish nothing but the best for you Rob."


":)"



So for now I play Christina Perri's song on repeat. A reminder that we once had a moment I thought would last.




Part 3

Comments

  1. to channel (and paraphrase) beyonce: if you liked it, then you should have texted it.

    *akap mahigpit*


    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the reasons i fear falling.
    I feel you right there..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts