Of Cowardice

"I have died everyday waiting for you.
 Darling don't be afraid I have loved you.
 For a thousand years.
 I love you for a thousand more."

As the credits started rolling and the lights opened around the theater, I unwrapped my hand around his.

"He just made me watch a movie I have loathed." I thought to myself. A movie I have watched the first time and never bothered watching the in-between installments.

It was mushy.

It was corny.

It was utterly, romantically ridiculous.

Yet I have enjoyed every minute of it - from the sharing of the caramel popcorn to the holding of the hands to the smacks - I felt jittery every single time.

I looked at him when we went out the theater and I thought I saw happiness. Like all the stresses in his family, his work, had all vanished. I felt the same. And I felt I made him feel that.

"But honey, I feel so intense about him." I told Kane over the phone one day.

"You just met the guy and you feel intense?!" He was surprised.

"I know. I mean it's barely even a month we started going out." I replied. "But I know I shouldn't feel this way. It's not yet right." I further said.

"Well you know how it is..."

"Yeah."

As the days passed by, I was feeling very ambivalent about him: I hate him when he barely communicates and yet wait longingly for the time he communicates with me. He tells me he does have16-hour straight shifts in the hospital and I do understand that.

One day he did not text me the whole day and when I checked my Facebook that night I saw him going for his Muay Thai session.

"It really frustrates me Kane."

"What frustrates you?"

"Him and his lack of communication. It really pisses me off. And I know it's not his issue but I have already opened this to him. Maybe..."

I stopped my thoughts. Deny them.

"You know G, I once met a guy similar to that."

"Oh yeah? What happened to you two?"

"Physically, I can take it but it was emotionally tolling. So if you can adjust and live with that then you two will be fine."

"Hay, I have already told this a million times, I don't like inconsistency."

"Relax, G. Relax."

"I am getting carried away again."

But that is the truth...I am and it seems weird...



Part 2

Comments

Popular Posts