Three Hours

"If we get back together, how can you be sure I won't cheat on you again." Dean told me while we were lying down in bed that Saturday night.

He was telling me what his first boyfriend told him. His first and last ex boyfriend, for now.

Dean and I got to know each other through that popular application named Grindr. We decided to meet up about two weeks after communicating.

"We were together for three and a half years. Living together for three and a half years." He told me while I rested my head in his chest.

"I was a playboy. In high school and college, I had girlfriends. I used to play a lot. I even got one girl pregnant and I didn't take the responsibility. I guess it's just karma, G." His voice had a hint of sarcasm.

"I don't think it's karma Dean." I quickly told him.

"It's just so unreal that for your last day together, for the first time in our relationship, he taught me how to drive." He looked into my eyes. I saw them in its most vulnerable state - eyes of pity. I immediately looked away.

"And then he broke up with me the next day." He continued.

I felt his sadness. That pinch of hurt you just couldn't remove easily.

He was cheated. His partner apparently dated another guy on same production floor as his. Dean was in love. He felt they were rumors.

A day after they broke up, he confirmed it through their circle of friends.

They were already two weeks in the relationship.

"So now I understand why you need to leave the company." I told Dean sincerely.

"Yes. I see them everyday, the two of them. It hurts. It's painful G. It really is. To see them like there was nothing left for me. I have to go. I love the company but I have to leave." We shifted positions then and hugged side by side. "My boss tells me I shouldn't leave, I don't have to. They're the ones who stabbed me anyway, but I told her it's not that easy." He continued.

I couldn't utter a single word. I was left speechless by his story. So I let him proceed...




Part 1

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts