Three Hours

"He was my agent. I was the team lead. I was attracted to him and well, I think the attraction was mutual."

"One time, I was the only one left in our house so I decided to ask him to sleep over. That was May 1st 2009."

My eyes were just glued to his face. You know that moment where a person's story just makes you forget of everything around you? That was that same moment.

"He said 'okay'. I couldn't believe it. I felt happy, very, at that time. I was so happy I doubted his reply. So I asked him: 'Are you sure?'"

"Yes." His ex-boyfriend replied.

"So he went over to my place, and the next day, May 2nd, I asked him if we could be partners. And he said yes."

"I couldn't believe it G. A playboy who turned gay and then venturing into that world, I was happy with him. Truly happy that my life revolved around him. He knows that. I never did anything to ruin our relationship."

His voice turned sour. I expected that. When you give your life to a person and take them for granted, it's something you wouldn't want to experience ever again.

"I bought a condo. It was an investment. I let him live there. We lived there as a couple. He didn't pay a single cent. And the car? I gave that to him. I even bought him a phone on our last month together, an Xperia Arc. That's why I was asking you what your phone is. I know, I shouldn't be telling you these but..."

He stopped for a brief moment and looked somewhere else.

"It's actually been two months since I had been there. I don't know how it looks like anymore."

"How come you haven't been there in such a long time?" I finally asked.

"He bought some of the appliances and furniture there and the mere thought of seeing them takes me back to those times of..."

Dean broke his sentence in mid-air again. I held his left hand. I thought that was the right thing to do.

"That guy. The current boyfriend. I don't blame him but I am pretty sure he knows my ex has a boyfriend. His cellphone's wallpaper is the two of us plus our pictures are all over his cubicle."

He breathed deeply and made a deep sigh.

I held his hand tighter.

"So the guy, where did he find him?" I inquired. There was no subtle way to ask.

"We all work in the same floor. The guy is an agent. My ex, a team lead then. And I am in the Operations."

"Oh..."

"So everyday, I see them together. Like how we used to be. I am okay now G. It used to be very awkward but I am okay now."

But you know what, his expressions tell a different story.



Part 2

Comments

  1. hirap nmn ng situation hmm siguro dpt mag ayos sya kasi being beautiful is the best revenge

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts