Perpendicular

"Heyyyy, how are you?" I spoke through my phone's receiver while walking towards home.


"I am good, well, there are moments." My friend replied.


"You know, I am still in shock."


"Me too G. Me too."


"I was shocked mainly because just a few weeks ago you two were, well, inseparable. Talking until the wee hours of the morning, exchanging sweet nothings. The works."

"I actually didn't see this coming. One minute we were talking and being sweet to each other then the next thing I knew he sent me a text and...I had mixed emotions." "I felt frustrated, disappointed, anger, among other things." He continued.

"Who wouldn't be? If I were in your place, I would be too. So when did he text you that? While you were in the office?"

"No, I took a leave. I was actually eating lunch that time."

I gulped.

"Of all the time?!"

"Yeah."

"You know G, what made me sad is the fact that I thought we had it going."

"I know baby, and I know how much you sacrificed. I know you. You were and have always been personal, face-to-face, always there partner. He was miles away. Thousands of miles away. And deep inside, you were bothered but still tried your best."

I sighed.

"Yes. But don't get me wrong, I am sad but this is something I know will take time but not the worst thing that happened. My previous ex was still the most painful."

"I understand. But still, it can be painful."

"It is G. It is."

"So what will happen to you now?"

"Move on."

"Are you two still open for a possibility?"

"We are, but right now, it's more of giving each other some personal space."

"Of course."

"Have you unfollowed him?"

"No, not yet. And he hasn't unfollowed me either."

I gave out a short laugh.

"It's not even called being civil, it's very, um, diplomatic." I quipped.

"Exactly."

We both laughed hysterically.

"But if he does, then that's a confirmatory sign for me." He said.

"Yes, it definitely is, K." I knowingly replied.



They say people come and go in our lives to teach us something, make us learn, educate us of life.

They may not bring about the experiences we wanted it to be, but they have made significant changes. Impacted how we view life on different perspectives.

Aren't we sometimes just that into someone's life, just crossing paths.

Comments

  1. we are crossing each other's path. that's why we called "staying" magic. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. In transit, sometimes, is a sad thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ako ba kausap mo dito? wahahahaha! shet lang sobrang nakaka relate ako dito.. story ko ata to eh. joke!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts